Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

On 7/22/2023 at 5:19 PM, Old Guy said:

It's not fair to the Jets to only play one season. He's pretty much saying his greatness needs to be enjoyed for more than one season by the Jets and their fans. 

I hope he bombs so bad they want to cut him after this year. 

It's just my opinion, but I think they agreed in principal for him to be there at least two seasons. 

21 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

It's just my opinion, but I think they agreed in principal for him to be there at least two seasons. 

The Jets kept insisting they would not give up a 1st because they did not have a guarantee from Rodgers he would play longer than this year. 

Now, having said that, I absolutely believe they had an agreement with Rodgers on multiple seasons. The fact is both Rodgers and the Jets lied. Which I get but it would give me pause to work with the Jets in the future if I"M Gute. 

13 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

The Jets kept insisting they would not give up a 1st because they did not have a guarantee from Rodgers he would play longer than this year. 

Now, having said that, I absolutely believe they had an agreement with Rodgers on multiple seasons. The fact is both Rodgers and the Jets lied. Which I get but it would give me pause to work with the Jets in the future if I"M Gute. 

True, but we still won that trade for what was being reported the deal would be. They can lie all they want, but at the end of the day you can see how starved the Jets were for some actual QB play. It would probably suit Aaron well to play two to three years with them. That gives both sides 7 to 8 years for the air to clear before we are retiring jerseys and such. That is time very much needed it would appear. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Old Guy said:

We're probably going to wind up with the Jets 1st anyway, but Gute should have stuck to his guns and demanded a 1st with no conditions .. everyone knew Rodgers would play more than one season with the Jets.

15 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

We're probably going to wind up with the Jets 1st anyway, but Gute should have stuck to his guns and demanded a 1st with no conditions .. everyone knew Rodgers would play more than one season with the Jets.

Water under the bridge.  We got picks AND unloaded a huge contract full of guaranteed money for an aged QB who said he was "90% retired" when he went into a darkness retreat.

Had we gotten rid of that contract AND gotten a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos, it still would have been a successful trade. 

• Like 1

Favre was forgiven after playing for Minnesota , I’m sure Aaron will too.

I don’t get players trying to lessen their legacy . Even if he’s pissed off at the team, the fans are the part of his legacy going forward and he’s really testing it with everything 

36 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I don’t get players trying to lessen their legacy . Even if he’s pissed off at the team, the fans are the part of his legacy going forward and he’s really testing it with everything 

This is annoying but it’s nothing like going to play for MN. I may have gotten over Favre doing that, but haven’t forgiven him. And the other **** going on now with Favre cemented his tarnished legacy.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

This is annoying but it’s nothing like going to play for MN. I may have gotten over Favre doing that, but haven’t forgiven him. And the other **** going on now with Favre cemented his tarnished legacy.

Ya, I didn’t ‘forgive ‘ until the Jersey ceremony .

Now I can’t stand him again. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Was Favre forgiven? 

He'll never have the reputation he did before he left. He's kinda like the family member who's been verbally forgiven for his indiscretions, but it's never been forgotten by anybody at the reunion and things remain frosty.

• Like 2