Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

4 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

A more comical scenario would be a straight-up Rodgers for Cousins trade, with Rodgers fully on board.

You forgot Cobb and Lazard being involved in the trade. Because Rodgers hasn't had any weaponz his entire time in Green Bay yet he chased away Jennings and insisted on bringing Lazard/Cobb.

You can tell Aaron is keeping up with his ex… talking about GB come from behind victory as an example for his current team hahaha.

Will never convince me that Aaron didn’t want to finish here. Gute and the front office wanted to move on, first and Rodgers just had too much pride (which he should as one of the all time greats) to hear that from the team that drafted him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Green19 said:

You can tell Aaron is keeping up with his ex… talking about GB come from behind victory as an example for his current team hahaha.

Will never convince me that Aaron didn’t want to finish here. Gute and the front office wanted to move on, first and Rodgers just had too much pride (which he should as one of the all time greats) to hear that from the team that drafted him.

Rodgers wanted to finish here . . . on his terms, with him controlling aspects of roster construction. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Rodgers wanted to finish here . . . on his terms, with him controlling aspects of roster construction. 

Exactly… but it’s so hilarious now. He keeps bring up GB on pats show now.

I get he likely has a lot of friends there… but you can just tell it’s different and he sees it. Hot take, wouldn’t be surprised if Rodgers never plays for the jets again.

33 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Exactly… but it’s so hilarious now. He keeps bring up GB on pats show now.

I get he likely has a lot of friends there… but you can just tell it’s different and he sees it. Hot take, wouldn’t be surprised if Rodgers never plays for the jets again.

In Rodgers defense, which I seldom run to, he does have a lot of time on his hands. That is generally not the case this time of year. 

I could see him walking away from the Jets if it comes apart at the seams this year. If Saleh loses the team, which is a distinct possibility, I could see a complete overhaul of the coaching staff. 

Also, Cobb, Turner, and Amos are gone after this year. 

I have felt for a while that Rodgers was split on the issue-  wanted to finish in Green Zaby but also wanted to be somewhere bigger like the west coast or New York.

I think he returns next year if he gets a good result from the surgery,  A bad year for the jets gives them a high first round pick so they can grab a new LT, so it works for him.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

How long before Rodgers makes himself the martyr? Soon he will be professing he only left Green Bay was because he knew it was time for Jordan to get his shot. 

He's stopping just short of doing that already. He's pretty quick to be talking about his messages to Love especially after wins. Gotta find the spotlight somewhere.

I think Rodgers is doing what we would expect of anyone who is looking to get more into the media post-career.  he's talking about the intersection what he knows best and what's interesting to the audience - which right now is the NYJ locker room (a subject I think even he's not dumb enough to get into on-air) and his recently divorced GB Packers org.

34 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I think Rodgers is doing what we would expect of anyone who is looking to get more into the media post-career.  he's talking about the intersection what he knows best and what's interesting to the audience - which right now is the NYJ locker room (a subject I think even he's not dumb enough to get into on-air) and his recently divorced GB Packers org.

Rodgers doesn't strike me as someone that would want to be in the media.  

7 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Rodgers just wanted to win, and of course he wanted better receivers, and obviously to retire as a Packer, why would anyone disagree with that? and the rag tag bunch of receivers that flowed through 1265 between 2014 and 2022 speaks for itself, just a bunch of jags.

on his terms? that should have been all of our desires