Jets sign former 2nd Round Pick Randall Cobb

VonKarman

To the surprise of no one!

I’m not harping on this, but isn’t it odd that us fans and general sports media, for years, have talked about the Packers needing more weapons than just Adams…and now it’s going to be a pretty similar group of players? Subbing Adams for Wilson, Conklin for Tonyan, Hall for Jones, and a worse OL? Shrug.

Edited by Soko
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

LOL!  Rodgers to GB, "I need better weaponz!!!".  Rodgers to New York, "Get me my same weaponz!!"

Next up is Lewis.

Kinda feel like this really only strengthens the narrative that, had GB just drafted a first round pick at WR, like the Jets did with Garrett Wilson, that would have been enough to keep Rodgers happy with GB.

He seems to have really liked most of his core, but just wanted one true top end guy.

5 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Kinda feel like this really only strengthens the narrative that, had GB just drafted a first round pick at WR, like the Jets did with Garrett Wilson, that would have been enough to keep Rodgers happy with GB.

He seems to have really liked most of his core, but just wanted one true top end guy.

Dude had Davante Adams.  The Jets will be very lucky if Wilson is as good as 'Vante.  The rest are the same.

Prior to 'Vante?  Jordy, young Randall Cobb, reliable James Jones, Greg Jennings, Finley (pre-injury).

Forget "first round WR", Rodgers had plenty of excellent WR's.  

Rodgers always had a very solid offensive line.  He won't have the same kind of line.  He's almost always had a RB or two.

What he didn't have was a reliable defense.  And that is the difference here.  He's going to have largely the same weaponz, worse o-oline, but with a defense.

• Like 6

Legit curious what it would’ve taken for Rodgers to stay in GB, was it just the personell stuff and not being able to talk GB into whatever? 

he’s loyal to his friends which I respect, Jordan Rodgers is somewhere crying about he could’ve been the Derek to Aaron if he cared about him.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Cobb.  Typically healthy for about 4 games.  Hurt for about 4 games.  Injured for about 8-9 games.

Great locker room guy.  Great person, period.  But you are paying him because Aaron Rodgers said so.

If it leads to playoff appearances and or a Super Bowl within 2-3 years worth. Dudes decent mentor for the younger WR room too.