Jets sign former 2nd Round Pick Randall Cobb

VonKarman

Just now, Spartacus said:

I kind of disagree here however I think Brady has always been less athlete and more of a master of accuracy and decision making. That didn't really fall off with age even after his arm wasn't as strong. The amount of balls Brady threw that seemed like they were in the air for 15 seconds just to land right in his receivers lap was something to watch. Rodgers arm talent is still there but I think he lost some of that accuracy over the last couple seasons. Way too many balls overthrown, underthrown into the dirt, or out of bounds. 

I didn't mean his play on the field.  Rodgers' general appearance makes him look older than he is.  At 45 Brady looks much younger than AR right now.

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Your post sounds like someone who hasn't watched Rodgers his entire career.

Dude should have 3-4 Super Bowl appearances now.  But due to him being him, he doesn't.

If you watch his his decision making, you can easily see the business decisions that he made on the football field to protect his stats, regardless of losses.  

I'll give you one little example.  The best throw I've seen him make, and there are hundreds of jaw dropping throws, but the best one was in the Super Bowl with like 5 minutes left.  3rd and 13 or so.  Jennings in the left slot.  He ran a post.  Pitt knew he was running a post.  Jennings was doubled.  Rodgers put a ball where only Greg could catch it...over the middle and into traffic.  And that play pretty much ended the game.

He didn't throw a contested ball over the middle in most any game since then.

If you can change his mindset, then you have something really special again.  

How does this have anything to do with my post or your original statements that I quoted? 

Rodgers lack of playoff success is pretty well document, it's the only kink in his armor and rightfully so, no argument from me there.

You claimed he was unmotivated, half invested, won't have near the weapons he's had in the past and used him wanting to bring along his guys as some sort of stigma against him - none of which has any real basis or is grossly over exaggerated. What exactly has he said/done since the trade that makes you think he's half invested? I think it's safe to say literally everything we've heard from his indicates otherwise - maybe he's full of it, but at the very least, he doesn't sounds a lot different than he has the last few years in GB.

Now you're saying he hasn't been the same since the 2010 Super Bowl? His mindset changed and he hasn't been really special since? The guy just won 2 MVPs in the last 3yrs.. 

2 hours ago, NJC33 said:

How does this have anything to do with my post or your original statements that I quoted? 

Rodgers lack of playoff success is pretty well document, it's the only kink in his armor and rightfully so, no argument from me there.

You claimed he was unmotivated, half invested, won't have near the weapons he's had in the past and used him wanting to bring along his guys as some sort of stigma against him - none of which has any real basis or is grossly over exaggerated. What exactly has he said/done since the trade that makes you think he's half invested? I think it's safe to say literally everything we've heard from his indicates otherwise - maybe he's full of it, but at the very least, he doesn't sounds a lot different than he has the last few years in GB.

Now you're saying he hasn't been the same since the 2010 Super Bowl? His mindset changed and he hasn't been really special since? The guy just won 2 MVPs in the last 3yrs.. 

Dude.  He said he will be there for 50% of the OTA's.  That is half invested.

It was said on here that GB should have gotten him a first round receiver.  He's said he wanted better weaponz.

And here he is....taking Cobb and Lazard with him.  To a team that already has another one of his "not good enough" weapons in Taylor.

He failed miserably in the playoffs with a good TE in Tonyan, pre injury, Adams who was one of the best, MVS as a great deep threat, Jones an elite or near elite RB and Dillon as a power back.  All while having a very good offensive line.

In regards to those MVP years...yeah, he was quite good.  He still ignored the middle of the field and took big 4'th down sacks.  We know what regular season Rodgers looks like at a high level and what playoff Rodgers looks like.  Rodgers back when he won the Super Bowl and before was a very fiery competitor.  He organized practices on his own.  He showed up for off season stuff.  He got to know his teammates.  Recently in GB, he blew those things off and talked about how he had nothing in common with the younger players.

I hope it is different for you.  The one thing you have going for you that he didn't have here is a defensive minded HC.  We've always had talent on the defensive side, but our DC's have been, uh, not good.  Still are not good.  To me, it will be interesting to see how that dynamic plays out.  

This is the same guy who went onto the McAfee show and when asked about how well he could play, he said this...

I think I can win MVP again in the right situation. Right situation, is that Green Bay or is that somewhere else? I'm not sure, but I don't think you should shut down any opportunity.”Jan 17, 2023

No mention of a Super Bowl...until his brain caught up to his mouth.  The guy is all about regular season stats instead of post season success.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NJC33 said:

Have you ever had someone tell you that you can dish it out but you can't take it?

Because...you sure can dish it out but can't take it lol

39 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Have you ever had someone tell you that you can dish it out but you can't take it?

Because...you sure can dish it out but can't take it lol

What was there to “take”? 

19 hours ago, NJC33 said:

This sounds like it was written by a bitter ex. 

"Too bad you don't have a hungry Rodgers" - By all accounts, this is the most engaged or "hungry" Rodgers has been in recent memory. There were multiple GB fans posting in the Jets forum about how locked-in he appeared following his presser. His mannerisms, generally, are undeniably more upbeat than years past. 

"You don't have near the weaponz that Rodgers has had in the past" - Lol, shore... how about the one SB he did win.. ?

"He's doing it to you guys, now too" - Peyton brought Tamme to DEN. Brady had the Bucs trade for Gronk and sign AB, of all people, who mind you had just been suspended 8-games. All of a sudden Rodgers wants to add his guys and it's some sort of enigma or act of selfishness. "OBJ turned you down" - OBJ reportedly called the Jets and them a chance to match, so not quite

"All while saying, with a straight face thinking it is good, that he will be at HALF of your OTA's." - When was the last time Rodgers showed up to OTAs in GB? Should we think it's a bad thing he's showing up at all?

Can't wait for this season. Gonna be hard for the front office bootlickers to say how great Packers management is when we win 5 games next year.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Dude.  He said he will be there for 50% of the OTA's.  That is half invested.

It was said on here that GB should have gotten him a first round receiver.  He's said he wanted better weaponz.

And here he is....taking Cobb and Lazard with him.  To a team that already has another one of his "not good enough" weapons in Taylor.

He failed miserably in the playoffs with a good TE in Tonyan, pre injury, Adams who was one of the best, MVS as a great deep threat, Jones an elite or near elite RB and Dillon as a power back.  All while having a very good offensive line.

In regards to those MVP years...yeah, he was quite good.  He still ignored the middle of the field and took big 4'th down sacks.  We know what regular season Rodgers looks like at a high level and what playoff Rodgers looks like.  Rodgers back when he won the Super Bowl and before was a very fiery competitor.  He organized practices on his own.  He showed up for off season stuff.  He got to know his teammates.  Recently in GB, he blew those things off and talked about how he had nothing in common with the younger players.

I hope it is different for you.  The one thing you have going for you that he didn't have here is a defensive minded HC.  We've always had talent on the defensive side, but our DC's have been, uh, not good.  Still are not good.  To me, it will be interesting to see how that dynamic plays out.  

lol I'm not trying to be combative but attending 50% of OTAs doesn't make him half invested or not hungry - Brady never attend OTAs towards the end of his career, never attended 100% of OTAs with the Bucs either. It's not uncommon for vets to only partially show up, and in Rodgers case, it's not like he's learning an entirely new system.

He's showing up, which he hasn't done in recent years at all, to build camaraderie with teammates. He's already said he plans to host his own offseason workouts.. the two things you say he was doing when he was a fiery competitor..

Again, I don't see what's wrong with taking Cobb (as a 6th receiver, essentially a players coach) and Lazard with him, or how that reflects poorly on his mentality.

23 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Can't wait for this season. Gonna be hard for the front office bootlickers to say how great Packers management is when we win 5 games next year.

lol, sounds like the fanbase is pretty divided. Maybe Love kills it, who knows. I couldn't imagine throwing shade at HOF QB as he's shown the door after 18-years. Hope I get the chance to find out though.

12 hours ago, NJC33 said:

lol, sounds like the fanbase is pretty divided. Maybe Love kills it, who knows. I couldn't imagine throwing shade at HOF QB as he's shown the door after 18-years. Hope I get the chance to find out though.

It's called being spoiled. Football is the ultimate team sport, instead of enjoying the success we've had over the last 20+ years they would rather blame Rodgers for us not winning 3-4 Super Bowls during his tenure.

The OTA stuff is pure nonsense. They don't even do real practices anymore, most of it is just working out.