Who will finish with a better record, Eagles or Cowboys?

notthatbluestuff

56 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You just described the Cowboys as well. Fact is this applies to most teams. Whichever team stays the healthiest,  will end up with the most wins between the two IMO. Both teams seasons can easily be derailed by injury.

Not wrong but compared to last season the drop off from the starters to the backups in these positions are cavernous. Much more so than previous years.

11 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

Not wrong but compared to last season the drop off from the starters to the backups in these positions are cavernous. Much more so than previous years.

The TE room hasn't changed. The Safety group. It really depends on Sydney Brown and how much he can develop. LB absolutely there's a notable difference. 

O-Line I Trust entirely. In Stout we trust.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know who will have a better record between Dallas & Philly. I only know Philly won't repeat as Division winners this year.

Maybe Dallas has a better record by winning Division, or someone else.

Either way, it doesn't preclude Philly from winning enough games for a Playoff birth.  (Even without winning Division)

Nothing is really guaranteed about the NFC East this year, other than Philly not repeating as Division winners.

That will either be Dallas, N.Y.  or washington

8 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I don't know who will have a better record between Dallas & Philly. I only know Philly won't repeat as Division winners this year.

Nothing is really guaranteed about the NFC East this year, other than Philly not repeating as Division winners.

Is this an "Official " Ace prediction? Please tell me yes! 😎🥃

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Yeah, I wouldn't not say it isn't nothing tbh

There's two sides to that coin. While losing Shane and even Gannon (wasn't a fan) despite records being broken will have an effect, we just don't know how? The otherside of that coin is , opposing teams Coordinators have no idea not only how Johnson and Desai will call games but what changes those Coordinators will tweak making those systems thier own?

In otherwords, Teams can watch 2022 tape, but it might not apply to what the Eagles are running in 2023. It might take 5-8 for teams to figure it out?

Not trying to downplay the loss of two Co., but injury or health will dictate the success or lack there of for the 2023 Eagles. Players are there even with a new OC/DC

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

will have an effect, we just don't know how?

Considering how great last year went, regression is probably the safer bet. 

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

The otherside of that coin is , opposing teams Coordinators have no idea not only how Johnson and Desai will call games but what changes those Coordinators will tweak making those systems thier own?

I get what you're saying, but if this had significant benefit most teams would cycle new OC's or revamp their offense every year.

I look at it this way, the Eagles offense was fantastic last year and Hurts was an MVP finalist. They were 1st in rushing DVOA and 6th in passing. Do we really think their new OC will get more than that out of this offense? I don't think so. Could they get the same out of this offense? Possibly, but I doubt it. You really can't underestimate the impact of new coordinators. There is typically a transition period before things settle and take shape (for better or worse).

And this isn't even considering overall health or missed time due to injury, in which the Eagles were exceptionally fortunate last year. I think the Eagles are still great, but it wouldn't surprise me to see them regress.