Who will finish with a better record, Eagles or Cowboys?

notthatbluestuff

5 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I look at it this way, the Eagles offense was fantastic last year and Hurts was an MVP finalist. They were 1st in rushing DVOA and 6th in passing. Do we really think their new OC will get more than that out of this offense? I don't think so. Could they get the same out of this offense? Possibly, but I doubt it. You really can't underestimate the impact of new coordinators. There is typically a transition period before things settle and take shape (for better or worse).

I'd agree if Brian Johnson wasn't already part of last years offensive staff as the QB Coach. He knows Shane's Steichen offense, he knows what Hurts likes, dislikes maybe even more then Shane as the QB coach. 

What we don't know is, how good of a playcaller he is or will be. Having 9 of 11 returning Starters, all the WR/TE/QB should help. Yes Sanders is gone, replaced by Swift/Penny. Who plays RG Jurgens/Steen is a downgrade IMO from Seomalu. 

Offensively I think the "transition " won't be as noticeable. 

Defensively however with Sean Desai taking over, completely new to the team, players,  concepts, extra absolutely. He does however come from the Vic Fangio tree so, 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 1:05 PM, Soko said:

On paper, I don’t see how it isn’t the Eagles.

That said, NFCE tends to cycle year-to-year, so nothing would surprise me (except Washington being on top).

Why would it be a surprise if Washington finished on top but not the other teams? We split with the Eagles and Cowboys last year and tied the Giants. We won 8 games with Wentz and Heinicke playing QB against a tough SOS. Is it because of Howell? 

14 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Why would it be a surprise if Washington finished on top but not the other teams? We split with the Eagles and Cowboys last year and tied the Giants. We won 8 games with Wentz and Heinicke playing QB against a tough SOS. Is it because of Howell? 

I know it's based off last years numbers, but we do go from a Top 3 easiest schedule to a Top 3 hardest based on SOS. 

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

The two most important aspects of your team, are no better than last year. If this were the 2020 NFC East, I could see you pulling it off. 

The Coaching Staff and QB are both completely lackluster frankly. Is it impossible? No. But I just don't see it. Giants, I really need to see if Daniel Jones can actually improve rather than putting together a string of barely wins against bad teams by a couple points.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Worst QB. Worst coach. Probably the worst offense. Good defense but 3/4 of the division have high end defenses. Missed the playoffs all together compared to the other three division rivals who all played in the postseason, that (along with the massive difference in QBs) is the biggest factor. Probably the least talented on paper too, but that’s debatable.

Yeah, I’d be most surprised by Washington winning it. Doesn’t mean it can’t happen!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Soko said:

Worst QB. Worst coach. Probably the worst offense. Good defense but 3/4 of the division have high end defenses. Missed the playoffs all together compared to the other three division rivals who all played in the postseason, that (along with the massive difference in QBs) is the biggest factor. Probably the least talented on paper too, but that’s debatable.

Yeah, I’d be most surprised by Washington winning it. Doesn’t mean it can’t happen!

Makes sense. 

QB - PHI 1, DAL 2, NYG 3, WAS 4
RB - NYG 1, DAL 2, PHI 3, WAS 4
WR - PHI 1, WAS/DAL 2, NYG 4
TE - PHI 1, NYG 2, WAS 3, DAL 4
OL - PHI 1, DAL 2, WAS/NYG 3

IDL + EDGE - DAL 1, NYG 2, PHI 3, WAS 4 (PHI lost Hargrave, Cox + Graham are another year older, Carter + Jordan Davis need to prove who they are as NFL players)
Off-ball LB's - NYG 1, DAL 2, PHI/WAS 3
Secondary - DAL 1, PHI 2 (CB is pretty even, but DAL likely has us at safety), NYG 3, WAS 4

Coaching - PHI/NYG 1, DAL 3, WAS 4

Washington def the worst on paper.
Dallas has the better D on paper vs Philly (Until Philly's young DT's prove themselves), but Philly has the better O and coaching. NYG Defense is catching up, and won't surprise me if their DL looks the best at the end of the season, particularly if Thibodeaux takes that next step. Eagles should win (assuming good health) the division, but no surprise if Eagles and Dallas finish with the same record, split the series, and the NFCE winner comes down to division record or SOS.

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

IDL + EDGE - DAL 1, NYG 2, PHI 3, WAS 4 (PHI lost Hargrave, Cox + Graham are another year older, Carter + Jordan Davis need to prove who they are as NFL players)
Secondary - DAL 1, PHI 2 (CB is pretty even, but DAL likely has us at safety), NYG 3, WAS 4

Dallas has the better D on paper vs Philly (Until Philly's young DT's prove themselves), but Philly has the better O and coaching. NYG Defense is catching up, and won't surprise me if their DL looks the best at the end of the season, particularly if Thibodeaux takes that next step. Eagles should win (assuming good health) the division, but no surprise if Eagles and Dallas finish with the same record, split the series, and the NFCE winner comes down to division record or SOS.

Philly has two starting DL units again. I think I'll take them lol

1 hour ago, Danger said:

IDL

WAS
PHI
DAL
NYG

EDGE (are we counting Parsons and Reddick here or at LB???) 

LB (see EDGE question)

Am I missing something with IDL, that you would have the Giants so low? Did you mean to include pass rushers in that as well?

5 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Oh come on lol