2023 Rookie Minicamp / OTAs / Training Camp

Leader

26 minutes ago, R T said:

C Schneider in, TE McDonald and G Filiaga out. 

Leaves an open roster spot for the moment.  

I think I saw a video from McDonald yesterday that had a lot of clips of the new Packers players facility.  I went looking for it again today, but can't find it.  I wonder if the video played any kind of role in his quick departure.  Probably not.  The new facilities looked mighty nice.

51 minutes ago, R T said:

C Schneider in, TE McDonald and G Filiaga out. 

Leaves an open roster spot for the moment.  

Open roster spot goes to WR Andre Miller, was in the Giants camp last year as a rookie UDFA from Maine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

Have heard Wyatt’s name pretty frequently so far

Great to hear Wyatt taking the next step. It's equally great to hear Sean Rhyan is taking strides as well. Those two step up their game significantly and that 2022 draft class starts to look like something sort of special. 

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Apparently Doubs beat Jaire twice too

The entire rep is good.  But I want to point out that at the very end, JA is on the ground.  And he claps for Doubs.  Loved it.  Because you knew, inside, JA was not happy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

Man I Love Jaire. I wish I could find the Vikings writer who **** all over GB extending him and called him injury prone and not that good.

Jaire can only beat Jefferson when the field is wet. At least that's what they say.

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Question isn't whether Zach Tom starts, it's whether he's going to beat out Myers or Nijman. 

I think Tom is one of the biggest x-factors of the season.

If he’s an above average tackle our offensive line is going to be elite if healthy. That’s going to help Love a ton 

It's only practice, and it's only the first week.  But it sounds like Tom had been the RT with the 1's every day. But now some at center.  INteresting to see how all shakes out.  

Edited by craig

47 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I think Tom is one of the biggest x-factors of the season.

If he’s an above average tackle our offensive line is going to be elite if healthy. That’s going to help Love a ton 

I'm going to disagree to a small extent.

If Tom plays center, then we can be elite.

I've not been happy with Myers at all while he is in there.  I feel like the center position is a huge help to a young QB.  If Tom locks that down, I'll bet the gap in play is bigger from Myers to Tom than it is from Nijman to Tom at tackle.

Then I want Myers to try RG.  Runyan is fine, but I'll bet Myers can offer even more over there.

Also?  I'll bet the coaches do not see it that way.  :)

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I've not been happy with Myers at all while he is in there.  I feel like the center position is a huge help to a young QB.  If Tom locks that down, I'll bet the gap in play is bigger from Myers to Tom than it is from Nijman to Tom at tackle.

Then I want Myers to try RG.  Runyan is fine, but I'll bet Myers can offer even more over there.

I agree with all of this which makes me question myself. 😆

The cherry on top is if Sean Rhyan shows up and beats out Nijman. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Interesting thought. I’m assuming Tom’s best position is at RT. Idk why maybe it’s just wishful thinking on my end. 

I can’t believe we took Myers right before Creed Humphrey lol. 

• Like 1