Raider Team Activity Talk (Minicamps, OTAs, Training Camp)

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

It's OTAs. Calm down.

It's all about install and evaluating incoming players. They expect Jimmy G ready for camp. Was in meeting and teaching/learning the offense. Josh knows the offense and doesn't need to be at OTAs.

You're trying to feed a narrative, just stop.

The truth is a narrative now.

Truth, Jimmy G is made of glass.

Truth, Jimmy G never threw to one of these WRs

Truth, the GM has ****ed up the off-season. ( with Carr, Waller and Jacobs)

Truth, the HC has never had a winning record.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Who though? 

Deablo missed way too much time. 

Hobbs was misused and unless we change that, it's a square peg, round hole situation. 

Crosby can't really get much better statistically until he has some DL help. 

Moehrig may not even fit the D to begin with. 

I think we're honestly banking more on a couple first year guys just being great fits- which is sensible enough given how much of the roster was inherited last year. I just don't see a lot in terms of second year leaps from many holdover from last year. 

Nichols will be huge if he gets back to form

Farrell losing 10 lbs and motivated

Moehrig was played out of position last year.

Deablo  was still able to study the defense knows the calls and was on pace for 157 tackles last year.

And hopefully Graham himself has improved

A lighter Chandler Jones can bounce back

We have enough CB's for someone to emerge

It's alot but it's a new season, if half of this comes to fruition we will be better that's not counting any contributions that may come from any of our rookies.

5 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

The truth is a narrative now.

Truth, Jimmy G is made of glass.

Truth, Jimmy G never threw to one of these WRs

Truth, the GM has ****ed up the off-season. ( with Carr, Waller and Jacobs)

Truth, the HC has never had a winning record.

Jimmy's inability to stay healthy and do much with the new guys worries me a bit. It's not like he's ever really been a stud and is looking to rebound. He's been a very average QB buoyed by great weapons and D play. 

The average part doesn't bother me. I think an average QB is perfectly capable of winning a SB. But the fact he's rarely healthy and people are putting so much stock in some distant short term history with McIdiot definitely worries me. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Jimmy's inability to stay healthy and do much with the new guys worries me a bit. It's not like he's ever really been a stud and is looking to rebound. He's been a very average QB buoyed by great weapons and D play. 

The average part doesn't bother me. I think an average QB is perfectly capable of winning a SB. But the fact he's rarely healthy and people are putting so much stock in some distant short term history with McIdiot definitely worries me. 

Well that's going to make or break this regime if Jimmy can't play and the young QB is a flop its over.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I would absolutely love it. I rather win three games than eight.

Nah I rather win 8, if that happened it would mean the team is coming together, another good draft and more help on defense, another year of Garappolo grooming a QB meaning O'CONNELL and also drafting another QB high to compete would be a better scenario. 

Overall I would prefer to make the playoffs.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Nah I rather win 8, if that happened it would mean the team is coming together, another good draft and more help on defense, another year of Garappolo grooming a QB meaning O'CONNELL and also drafting another QB high to compete would be a better scenario. 

Overall I would prefer to make the playoffs.

If we can make the playoffs, I’m all for it

• Like 1

Real question for everyone.

How many extra wins do we have if Reid is our coach and same players?

How many extra wins do we have if Mahomes is the QB with everyone else the same?

And how many extra wins do we have if we have Mahomes and Reid with everything else the same?

4 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

How many extra wins do we have if Mahomes is the QB with everyone else the same?

And how many extra wins do we have if we have Mahomes and Reid with everything else the same?

Reid as coach and we're in the playoff last year

Rookie Mahomes maybe two more wins because he's playing within the system and not free lancing.

Current Mahomes would ignore McDaniels and run whatever play he wants to because he knows if he said 'fire coach' then the coach is GONE! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I’ll keep my answer simple.....at least 10 wins. All 3 scenarios!! 

8 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Oh, that’s a tricky one for sure. 

With just Reid I think he adapts more to do what our players are best at (especially on offence) and I think we make the playoffs last year at like 9-8 or 10-7 similar to 2021/22 but our D just isn’t good enough and we lose in the playoffs.

With Mahones and McDaniels, it’s hard to say as is this Mahones right now or is it Mahones who plays obediently to McDaniels script. Our red zone would be better for sure so I think it’s similar to the Reid effect, he manages to pull out a couple wins but ultimately the D cripples us and we win 9 or 10 and lose in he playoffs.

Reid and Mahones makes us Super Bowl contenders even with the D as we’d be able to compete is a shoot out with most, I’d say 11 wins as the offence would be so potent and then it’s about matchups in the playoffs. With those two plus Davante plus Jacobs definitely a team with weaknesses but a team that could beat anyone on their day.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

With Mahomes and Reid we are super bowl contenders

With Reid only playoffs contenders maybe 1-2 more wins

With Mahomes we are Super bowl contenders 

We probably win the games we were ahead in, cuz Reid doesn’t take his foot off the gas pedal. Also, automatic +2 wins because it’s addition by subtraction!! 🤣🤣🤣

• 3 weeks later...