Raider Team Activity Talk (Minicamps, OTAs, Training Camp)

RaidersAreOne

48 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Are we expecting Garoppolo to take any snaps in pre season after the probable mistake last season??

No official announcement but I don’t see him playing in the preseason. The league is moving more and more to not have starters play in the pre season. They prefer the joint practices for the starters to get reps because they go against other 1s. The joint practices have evolved to simulate a game

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

only a stooge can advocate turning an asset into a liability. 

There is one good time to turn an asset into a liability. You have two homes, one you live in and one that you get income for. Prices jump due to whatever and you change the income producing asset to a liability by kicking out the tenants and moving in yourself. However you're now going to sell the other house you've loved in for more than two years and you get to keep 250,000 profit before paying taxes. That's one time I'd be a happy stooge. 😃

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

FWIW I've heard he's getting traded.

🤦🏼‍♂️

I wasn't in the "keep" camp, but why the hell would we trade him now, when the market is set and everyone is well aware of his contract demands and we'd likely get a pick that wouldn't do us any good this year? 

Another whiff by this FO in terms of timing. 

Trading Jacobs at this point is pointless. Especially pointless for Jacobs. Can’t sign a long term contract either way. I been a big fan of Jacobs since his Bama days. Great story from rags to riches. Awesome rookie year and aside from his 3rd year he’s been very productive. If a team wants to throw a 1st then it’s see ya later but at this point it’s just get to week 1 and if he decides to miss games then you deal with it. All Jacobs has to do is look at L.Bell and look at what that did for his career. 

I would like to see Jimmy play a little in preseason. He’s use to the system but it’s been 7 years since he’s been in it. The defense aside from Maxx and Jones should be getting some playing time as well. Need all the reps they can get in hopes to improving that unit. 

• Like 1