Raider Team Activity Talk (Minicamps, OTAs, Training Camp)

RaidersAreOne

50 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I guess you can leave it open to interpretation, but he could have said we don't need Sims or any of those other bottom WR'S, but he said Meyer's a legit #2 WR we didn't have last year who is a good WR, so in this case him saying we didn't need him sounds alot like he didn't want him.

yeah exactly, like we may not want a specific WR . . . because we already believe we have good WRs. 
its not that we dont want good WRs . . its just a lower priority as we already have good wrs in renfrow and adams. 

its like KC, they dont go out and try to get Rodgers, because they have Mahommes. . .
If a fan said, we dont want Rodgers . . 

It doesnt mean they dont want a top 5 qb . . they just already have one. 

5 hours ago, reddevil said:

Was watching a vid the other day and they were discussing the LB position. They said that there are only a handful of LBs in the league that can actually cover and almost every team bemoans the lack of LBs they have that can cover.

There are just so few genuinely quality players in that position, they tend to be elite and the drop off after then is big. There’s a whole group of average or even seen as above average LBs who are terrible in coverage - people clambering for Devin White and to bring back Perryman for example.

Im not saying the FO shouldn’t have done more and I think they should attack it like QB - pick them up holding you hit on one of those elite ones, because when you do it transforms your D. They’re just so rare though…

Bolton is a great example, 2 nd rd pick Kansas City hit on and he’s been a KEY improvement to there D. Unfortunately they hit the lber lotto. Smdh

7 hours ago, massraider said:

Raiders fans been crying about LB for I dunno how many years, and don't want good WRs. 

Check the WR and LB for Super Bowl teams. It's not 1995, it's 2023.

Chiefs drafted the lb I wanted and iirc he scored a td in the sb

I know it’s a couple days old for a topic but I have zero issues with what Adam’s said. When you read what he said about Jimmy he is right. He(Adams) wants an aggressive Jimmy who is gonna push the ball down field. Basically said don’t bring none of that 49er BS with check downs to RBs and TEs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I know it’s a couple days old for a topic but I have zero issues with what Adam’s said. When you read what he said about Jimmy he is right. He(Adams) wants an aggressive Jimmy who is gonna push the ball down field. Basically said don’t bring none of that 49er BS with check downs to RBs and TEs. 

Jmd dam near tried to debo him last year lining up in the backfield takin jet sweeps I think we’ll see more of that with jimmy g unfortunately 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Jmd dam near tried to debo him last year lining up in the backfield takin jet sweeps I think we’ll see more of that with jimmy g unfortunately 

Yeah, just with Tre Tucker as the "jet sweeping guy"

Edited by Styrian Raider
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Mayer and Wilson are both massive players 

The funny thing is Mayer isn’t “Massive”. He was 6’4.5” and 249lbs at the combine.  He has a frame and stature that “looks” much larger then his measurements.

Plus walking next to Deuce Vaughn definitely makes him look huge.

Edited by jimkelly02