Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

There were some mistakes committed by several players, but Love had his share.  Some of those deep balls did not have the needed accuracy. Interestingly enough, a few that he underthrew resulted in a PI, that bailed us out a bit. I’ll take it, especially because there were other plays where I thought the receivers got mugged with no call but you don’t want to depend on that for survival. The miscommunication stuff can be shared equally but QB1 has a job along with the coaches to make sure that doesn’t happen. First start in a home opener by a guy not named Favre or Rodgers since ‘92 and there had to be some nerves there.

So, I don’t give Love a high grade today on some of the more fundamental work of making his throws and running the offense.  Some hit the receivers and were dropped others could have been better. I do give him an A for the intangibles. He never looked like he was out of it, kept battling even with some off throws/blown plays and once we got to the 4th quarter, he looked like the guy we want under center here in Titletown. Keep building off of this one!

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1

I liked how he went back to the well covered receivers and threw them the catchable ball that wasn't really "open"

He hit Reed in the hands on a dime and he dropped it.  But he stayed on time for the most part, and even when the receivers didn't win, he threw it anyway and gave them a chance in the name of getting the ball out ON TIME.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I liked how he went back to the well covered receivers and threw them the catchable ball that wasn't really "open"

He hit Reed in the hands on a dime and he dropped it.  But he stayed on time for the most part, and even when the receivers didn't win, he threw it anyway and gave them a chance in the name of getting the ball out ON TIME.

Reed was pissing me off with drops, but then he makes a couple clutch grabs and redeemed himself.  

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

He definitely does not play favorites about who to throw it to. We need to hit on some of those long throws just to open the middle more in the mid range area where I think Musgrave is going to thrive. 

I was yelling at the TV today during the game because his mechanics were a mess on some throws.  But in the clutch, he was clutch. The team rallied around him which I really liked. They played hard for him and he played hard for them. A very good sign for the future.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, minnypackerfan said:

He definitely does not play favorites about who to throw it to. We need to hit on some of those long throws just to open the middle more in the mid range area where I think Musgrave is going to thrive. 

I was yelling at the TV today during the game because his mechanics were a mess on some throws.  But in the clutch, he was clutch. The team rallied around him which I really liked. They played hard for him and he played hard for them. A very good sign for the future.

yeah the miss to musgrave was pretty embarassing

Just now, skibrett15 said:

yeah the miss to musgrave was pretty embarassing

There's been too many where we've thought .. like to have that throw back.  I think in time he will hit that stuff in his sleep, but right now it's a bit of an adventure.  

The miscommunication with Taylor was another one where I'm not sure Love isn't better to hit Taylor quickly and let him gain five before anyone touches him.  The throw wound up being a yard or two from a defender that was screaming in.  

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

There's been too many where we've thought .. like to have that throw back.  I think in time he will hit that stuff in his sleep, but right now it's a bit of an adventure.  

The miscommunication with Taylor was another one where I'm not sure Love isn't better to hit Taylor quickly and let him gain five before anyone touches him.  The throw wound up being a yard or two from a defender that was screaming in.  

Yeah…I bought into what Vilma was saying too quickly on that 4th down throw to Taylor. He threw Taylor under the bus.

Watching it again, the coverage was crazy deep—a good ten yards. Taylor stopped at the sticks, which seems like the smart play. We have no way of knowing if it is Love or Taylor that had the correct route in mind. Maybe LeFleuer will address it if asked. He doesn’t seem to mind being honest about those issues if he can be.

Edited by Uffdaswede

8 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He's also made some insane throws too that were dropped or the DB just made a really good play on. 

I am pretty confident the part of his game where he nails the wide open guys will come.

It's kind of like Watson catching the deep ball. He drops that first one against the Vikings and we are all holding our breath on any deep throw to the guy. But he cleaned it up and is confident catching those now.

Edited by sgtcheezwiz