Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

Just now, StatKing said:

Rodgers would have never signed that contract the year before if he knew he was gonna be a lame duck QB and Gute admitted himself he didn't give Rodgers any heads up about the pick. At the very least you have to admit that shows a lack of respect.

I'm not the biggest fan of Gute and it would have been nice for Gute to give Rodgers a heads up on the pick...especially since he traded up to get him. That I'll agree with you on....but I don't see a lie here.  Both hold some responsibility for how things went down. 

Rodgers is now on the Jets where he has a new role as an Assistant GM. Hope it works out for both him and the Jets. Hope Love works out for us.

16 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

I'm not the biggest fan of Gute and it would have been nice for Gute to give Rodgers a heads up on the pick...especially since he traded up to get him.

That’s absolutely ludicrous lol.  

So when he calls Rodgers in this scenario, is Gute supposed to submit and change his mind about drafting Love after Rodgers is livid about it?  And then Gute just has to deal with whatever public tantrum Rodgers throws afterwards?  Bcuz he would and he did on Draft Day a few years ago.  

Gute didn’t owe him a phone call.  If Rodgers wanted to be that involved in what the team was doing, he would’ve showed up during the summer to build chemistry with his younger teammates esp his receivers. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Rodgers would have never signed that contract the year before if he knew he was gonna be a lame duck QB and Gute admitted himself he didn't give Rodgers any heads up about the pick. At the very least you have to admit that shows a lack of respect.

Lack of respect is a hell of a lot different than lying to him.  Quit whaffling .. he was NEVER taking a pay cut ever with the Packers.  He did it with the Jets cuz he was getting older, knew the team wasn't that good on offense and wanted some of his GB buddies over with him.   

19 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

This narrative that Gute could/should have called Rodgers prior to the Love pick is one of the strangest hot takes to come out of the whole Rodgers saga.  It's absurd. 

Mentioning the possibility to Rodgers prior to the draft might have saved Gute a whole lot of trouble.  On the other hand it might have created a pissed off Rodgers that leaks to everyone he can that the Packers are looking to snag a QB.  I wouldn't put that past him.  There just wasn't enough trust between the two sides.