Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

2 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

If Love turns out to be great, I think Mahomes is the guy he will be compared to.

But in fairness the defenders stopped, knowing it was the quarterback. In live action he doesn't get that off or one of the two defenders knock it down. Love (no pun intended) the way he was able to change his arm angle and still accurate with the ball though. 

Edited by Old Guy

11 hours ago, Old Guy said:

They are actually trying to draw a comparison between Love's Philly game and Rodgers Dallas game without mentioning the Dallas game.

It's still a really good read. 

The Moment the Packers Knew Jordan Love Was Ready to Take Over for Aaron Rodgers (msn.com)

Nice fluff piece.  Made a few plays against Philly but not to the same degree as when Rodgers took over for Favre against Dallas.  When I saw that performace I knew.  Love still not sure.  Need to see more.  

• Like 2

I’m almost ready to say screw it and say Jordan Love is going to be a good QB before week 1.

Command 

Confidence 

Poise

Makes great reads 

High level throws 

Not putting the ball in danger so far. 

It’s smarter to hold off, but im getting there real quick. I think we have a player . 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I’m almost ready to say screw it and say Jordan Love is going to be a good QB before week 1.

Command 

Confidence 

Poise

Makes great reads 

High level throws 

Not putting the ball in danger so far. 

It’s smarter to hold off, but im getting there real quick. I think we have a player . 

How many starter did the Bengals play on D last night in the first Q?  I liked what I saw but I need to see more of him against our opponents' starting D before I declare anything.

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

How many starter did the Bengals play on D last night in the first Q?  I liked what I saw but I need to see more of him against our opponents' starting D before I declare anything.

The one thing I’m looking to see is how he is under pressure. If he plays well under that, I’m in 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

The one thing I’m looking to see is how he is under pressure. If he plays well under that, I’m in 

I think he's going to be pretty good overall, but he is going to see some crazy looks and blitzes until he shows he can beat it.   Hopefully the Packers D is working on making him as uncomfortable as possible this off-season.   LaFleur better be prepared with a package of blitz beaters once the season starts.  

All today it looks like Jordan is running the offense the way it's supposed to be run.  He seems to be clearly in charge .. just need to make sure his mechanics get perfected and some of the innacurcy will go away.   It's all a work in progress but he looks fairly solid out there. 

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 1

7/10.  45ish yards.  1 TD.  0 INT.  Missed one pretty easy one for big yards.  Didn't move the safety enough with eyes on the deep one to Watson.

Zero pressure on him.

It was a great week one pre-season performance.   Let's hope he keeps stacking success!

On 8/12/2023 at 12:16 PM, {Family Ghost} said:

All today it looks like Jordan is running the offense the way it's supposed to be run.   

Maybe, but I was FLOORED by watching the plays he ran against Cincy.

I expected him to be under center, handing it off and then running some play action stuff.  If not that?  Quick drops, slants, outs....etc.

I did not expect him to be in the gun reading defenses, like Rodgers did a lot of the time.

So, I was probably wrong when I thought that the true MLF offense was going to look different than what we ran with Rodgers.  Maybe that is the offense.  Shotgun runs, reads....etc.  

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

...So, I was probably wrong when I thought that the true MLF offense was going to look different than what we ran with Rodgers.  Maybe that is the offense.  Shotgun runs, reads....etc.  

Good observation.  Yeah, I think you may be right.  

Of course, with a new young QB, may be that MLF wasn't prioritized on under-center handoffs.  

On 8/14/2023 at 8:28 AM, vegas492 said:

Maybe, but I was FLOORED by watching the plays he ran against Cincy.

I expected him to be under center, handing it off and then running some play action stuff.  If not that?  Quick drops, slants, outs....etc.

I did not expect him to be in the gun reading defenses, like Rodgers did a lot of the time.

So, I was probably wrong when I thought that the true MLF offense was going to look different than what we ran with Rodgers.  Maybe that is the offense.  Shotgun runs, reads....etc.  

Maybe it was.  But then MLF added some of the McCarthy/Rodgers stuff to his book, and Love has been taking a masters level course in the Rodgers version of the MLF offense.  It is supposed to be a Shannahan/McVey type of game, but we have always had a better QB than they have.  In my opinion, we probably still do.

"If Love turns out to be great, I think Mahomes is the guy he will be compared to."  Brat

Tangent, but it seems there is naturally a range of projections.  Great: setting us up for years of playoff seasons and SB hopes .  Bad, where we take another shot at drafting QB-of-the-future next spring

There's a long continuum between great and awful, and I have no idea where he'll fall. 

I almost wonder if on of the extremes might be better than something in the middle?  

I'm a little bit nervous that this season won't give us a clear answer.  He'll not project to become prime Mahomes/Rodgers/Favre, >95th percentile guys.  Nor Hundley, in the <5th percentile zone. 

What if he shows some good things, but he's not that consistent?  If you get a 40th-percentile season from him, to you assume with experience he'll grow into an 80th percentile guy?  But then end up committing long-term to a guy who ends up being a 40th-60th percentile guy?  

I think this is where the one-year extension was kind of nice.  If it's not pretty clear whether he's a long-term keeper after this year, or a guy you need to replace, you will have a second year before needing the long-term pricey extension.