Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

1 hour ago, Uffdaswede said:

The muffed snap play:

When s**t goes south, the brains for most of us humans scramble. Unfamiliar neural pathways fire up; our perceptions are flooded by adrenaline and we can only focus the immediate surroundings.

Jordan Love regains control of the football, spins away, looks to see what is downfield, sees his tight end absolutely alone, and fires off a pass under pressure to Mr. I Run Backwards So What.

I defend your right to say that was ugly. From a football aesthetic it was. I also think that that quiet young man is showing real signs of having the game slow down for him.

I know that Game One pronouncements are silly, and I’m not making one other than this: our first game of the season has raised both the floor and the ceiling for that young man’s prospects as an NFL quarterback. 

Love knows the offense.  He knew Musgrave would be out there (Maybe not that wide open) but he didn't have to look very long to know where he was.  Love know where the players are suppose to be, it's a matter of getting it there accurately. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

The moment definitely doesn't look too big for him and the rest of the team believes in him. I've said it all offseason that the locker room dynamic was going to be totally different and all it took was one game to prove it. Everyone is playing loose and for each other. It's entirely the opposite of the dynamic of "expected perfection" when we had a different "leader" at the helm. 

It all seemed so clear to me this was what would happen 

2 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Love knows the offense.  He knew Musgrave would be out there (Maybe not that wide open) but he didn't have to look very long to know where he was.  Love know where the players are suppose to be, it's a matter of getting it there accurately. 

I thought he missed a couple of anticipation throws, as well as some second level choice routes. Given that the receivers are also rookies for the most part not sure there isn't blame to go around for those. Like MLF said about the Musgrave miss, didn't think that was a accuracy issue just a timing/getting on the same page type thing. 

https://x.com/Peter_Bukowski/status/1701671997745336717?s=20

You can see the Aaron Rodgers here plain as day. Quasi no-look, using the lower body to move defenders while throwing across the body. Just like Rodgers starting throwing off base without being on the ground and we al saw Favre. This is why you draft talented, raw QB's and sit them behind really good QB's for a few years. They emulate what they see and figure out how to use their traits while also grasping all the mental components of the game. If Love hits big, maybe we'll finally start to see other teams do this. Who knows how many potentially good QBs have busted unnecessarily by being forced on the field as a starter. 

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Packerraymond has as many 3 TD passing games this season as Aaron Rodgers, Joe Burrow, Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen.

What a stupid tweet lol. 

You don't find it at least slightly interesting that Rodgers had 1x 3 TD game last year. And Love has that many in his first game as QB1?