Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

10 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

3rd down and 4th down, fine.  1st down?   Absolutely idiotic. 

It's honestly the worst possible way to go out on. Now I'm never going to get that play out of my head. I don't even worry about it if he throws a bad pick on some deep ball with a clean pocket and him setting his feet on third or fourth down.

First down, 2 timeouts, down only a field goal at the 35 yard line with over 50 seconds and he throws across his body late without even setting his feet against this defense?

I've watched a lot of dumb final plays to the season from two great Hall of Fame quarterbacks, but those were all desperation downs with time running out.

That was first down.

How's that for context?

• Like 1

Who's gonna be quarterback for our next playoff game against the 49ers? It's not going to be Love, he's going to be on the bench for when that happens.

Love is a very streaky QB. Extremely streaky. That can be great, but it can also be really bad.

It's going to be very, very, very hard to win one with him past next year. And that's assuming he will sign an extension and we'll get him next year at the (I think somewhere around) 20 million mark.

Next year is it for Love for me. He's not winning one any year he's getting paid 14% of the cap or higher.

Also, this team needs another identity for him to win it. Needs to be someone on defense. Quay ain't it. Gary ain't it. Alexander ain't it (with Barry or with anyone, but can certainly be a valuable asset without Barry).

Needs to be LVN or we need to do what it takes to move up and get our version of Minkah Fitzpatrick.

16 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Love is a very streaky QB. Extremely streaky. That can be great, but it can also be really bad.

It's going to be very, very, very hard to win one with him past next year. And that's assuming he will sign an extension and we'll get him next year at the (I think somewhere around) 20 million mark.

Next year is it for Love for me. He's not winning one any year he's getting paid 14% of the cap or higher.

Also, this team needs another identity for him to win it. Needs to be someone on defense. Quay ain't it. Gary ain't it. Alexander ain't it (with Barry or with anyone, but can certainly be a valuable asset without Barry).

Needs to be LVN or we need to do what it takes to move up and get our version of Minkah Fitzpatrick.

Sure. He literally just had one of the best streaks in the NFL history.

5 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Sure. He literally just had one of the best streaks in the NFL history.

NFL history?

Best streaks in NFL history. Are we saying one of the top 500 streaks?

Because I can think of at least 52 better streaks.

Actually, I can think of at least… 200 better streaks.

Because at least 200 quarterback seasons didn’t end in a really bad and stupid and unforgivable divisional round interception on first down with 50 seconds left and two timeouts trailing by only 3 points.

I’ve literally said we are probably winning the Super Bowl next year and I’ve never suggested that won’t be with Love, but some of you just sweeping this **** under the rug like that wasn’t an extremely concerning thing to see from the QB we’re going to give massive money to is just absurd.

2 minutes ago, MacReady said:

NFL history?

Because at least 200 quarterback seasons didn’t end in a really bad and stupid and unforgivable divisional round interception on first down with 50 seconds left and two timeouts trailing by only 3 points.

I’ve literally said we are probably winning the Super Bowl next year and I’ve never suggested that won’t be with Love, but some of you just sweeping this **** under the rug like that wasn’t an extremely concerning thing to see from the QB we’re going to give massive money to is just absurd.

Was it concerning when Rodgers held onto the ball too long in his first playoff game against Arizona in overtime? 

2 minutes ago, MacReady said:

NFL history?

He will grow from it. Seen enough of him to say he is a quick learner. 

Just now, Jaire_Island said:

He will grow from it. Seen enough of him to say he is a quick learner. 

People keep saying that and I keep saying he did it four other times in the regular season and that suggests he did not grow from it.

We have no reason to believe he’ll grow from it when this wasn’t a one time thing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MacReady said:

People keep saying that and I keep saying he did it four other times in the regular season and that suggests he did not grow from it.

We have no reason to believe he’ll grow from it when this wasn’t a one time thing.

Well, thats 1st year QB for you.

He played from behind in Saints, Chargers, Giants, Panthers etc and got us leads as well. Why are you conveniently ignoring them?

Broncos/Falcons/Raiders/Steelers happened between 3-8 weeks and after that he did do mistake and threw INT in his 19th game. QB learning is a process..

Edited by Jaire_Island

4 minutes ago, MacReady said:

I love Jordan but damn, yeah he has choked a few times. It’s not like Rodgers first season where he’d lead some late scoring drive and the defense always pissed it away, it’s straight up throwing some bonehead interceptions. Of course, there were a couple times where he gave the team a lead and the defense did end up blowing it. 

• Like 1