Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

Not even sure what that stones song is sayin. You endorse this type of long deal making him the #1 QB right now, but probably #12 in 10 years….

or

you saying I’m dreaming..

Edited by fattlipp

17 hours ago, fattlipp said:

Not even sure what that stones song is sayin. You endorse this type of long deal making him the #1 QB right now, but probably #12 in 10 years….

or

you saying I’m dreaming..

The song is the Stones response to being hassled for the next hit, soon after the single 'Satisfaction' was  big, when they wanted to chill for a while (as stated by Keith Richards).

Not sure if @Old Guy was commenting on songs aging well, or Packers QBs, or hinting we should all chill over Love - I'll let him give his own answer.

PS I often link to songs myself if I think the theme is appropriate, as I love my music, but I'm a creature of my time and some will surely hate my links to music from between the 60s and 80s. 

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

Disco - naah, not so much. Rock, (hard, prog, and the misnamed Krautrock which was more German experimental music than anything else) , Blues and stuff hard to categorise at all.

Among those I liked were Yes, pre-Phil Collins Genesis, Hendrix, Dylan, Camel, Jeff Beck, Hawkwind, Deep Purple, Zappa, Police, Pink Floyd, Kraftwerk, Tangerine Dream, Cream, Zeppelin, Aphrodites Child, Gentle Giant, If, Neil Young, Stranglers............. though I didn't hate some 80s synth stuff like the Pet Shop Boys and the Human League. 

From about 1965 onwards music really played a very big part in the lives of teenagers and early twenty-somethings. Watch a group like, say, the Groundhogs at the Rainbow in Central London and then walk 15 miles back home at 3am (no buses or trains in the wee hours, back then), then go to work that day with no sleep, yeah, we did that.

Anyway, back to Love

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

Assuming The Packers aren't decimated by injury this year, particularly Jordan Love, it appears that if you bet $100 now you stand to win $1600 if they win the Superbowl (16 to 1 odds) I'd say this is the best chance to get a great return on a bet for a long time. I can't see the odds being this favourable for the next several years. In January you could apparently have got 25/1 odds, which is crazy.

PS. I'm not much of a betting man myself, I just see the potential, so take this for what it's worth.

On 6/18/2024 at 5:45 AM, OneTwoSixFive said:

Assuming The Packers aren't decimated by injury this year, particularly Jordan Love, it appears that if you bet $100 now you stand to win $1600 if they win the Superbowl (16 to 1 odds) I'd say this is the best chance to get a great return on a bet for a long time. I can't see the odds being this favourable for the next several years. In January you could apparently have got 25/1 odds, which is crazy.

PS. I'm not much of a betting man myself, I just see the potential, so take this for what it's worth.

I can't bring myself to bet on the Packers. 

I'm not capable of separating the emotion out.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I can't bring myself to bet on the Packers. 

I'm not capable of separating the emotion out.

I'll throw a bet or two on the Packers each season with the understanding that it's likely a punt. Didn't shoot the Super Bowl shot last year, just to make the playoffs.

Would have been even better if DeMeco Ryans would have been COTY.

21 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Well, one caveat:

I might bet the money line on a SB opponent if I were to go. I'd pay double to watch a SB win and then nothing for a loss.

I was in Vegas for the Jerry Rice fumble game and had money on the Packers, almost threw my bet away when they lost, but lucky a friend I was with made sure I didn’t — I had pushed as Packers were dogs. Just was so pissed at everything at that point couldn’t think straight. 

8 hours ago, Scoremore said:

In other news Love just got engaged.  

That shows he's not afraid of commitment and stability. 

7 hours ago, Refugee said:

Already one upping his predecessor. 

you mean, again. He one upped him when we made the playoffs last year. Hopefully, he doesn't become a narcissistic ******* like the two before him did.