Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

8 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

why do I have to suggest anything

I'm simply pointing out that the receivers are dulling the shine on Love right now.

Both the receiving group and Love should continue to grow together.

Now, I believe I did suggest that they need to feature Musgrave in a similar capacity to other TEs like Hock/Kelce and build him as the featured pass catcher in the offense.  So that's what I suggest - more Musgrave targets.

I agree with this. People compare his completion to % to guys like Burrow or Hurts but those guys aren't throwing to Malik Heath and Samari Toure. It'll get better for sure.

Not to mention the penalties from the O line and the outside runs that consistently put us in second in long lol.

I like what I see. Im also a huge homer.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

why do I have to suggest anything

I'm simply pointing out that the receivers are dulling the shine on Love right now.

Both the receiving group and Love should continue to grow together.

Now, I believe I did suggest that they need to feature Musgrave in a similar capacity to other TEs like Hock/Kelce and build him as the featured pass catcher in the offense.  So that's what I suggest - more Musgrave targets.

Again, what else can they do?  It's very obvious that the Packer's young receivers have issues with inexperience .. that will improve with every game.  Musgrave should be used more for sure and that's up to MLF and Stenni.  Packers have to go with the girls they brought to the dance and as the night goes on they hopefully get better looking.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

Heath/Toure Suck. Like actually Suck

Reed is wildly inconsistent.  Only 3 catches on 7 targets.  flat drop, his 2nd of the year.

Doubs is being asked to win against better players than he, and he can't.  Only 5 catches on 12 targets is bad

Wicks is the only player consistently helping out the QB, and he's drawing the easiest matchups.

There's no WR1.

Musgrave is getting open and should be the focus of the passing game until they fix the WR room.

Think I've spotted someone who learned absolutely nothing from the career arc of Jordy, Adams, etc...

This post is hysterical.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

My only point is that they are not making love look better, if anything, he's playing well despite the WRs

This is the J Love thread right?!

I think this is a fair assessment but should have been the expectation too. Rookies make mistakes, guys who have not played a lot of ball in the NFL make mistakes. 

Jordan Love has made a few mistakes, like the botched QB sneak where he forgot the signal. 

This to me makes the future exciting. The young receivers are learning WHILE playing. The quarterback is not giving up on them and freezing them out of the offense. 

The continued trust J Love is showing the young guys is going to pay massive dividends in the future. Both in results on the field and respect these guys will have for him for sticking with him. By all accounts Love is checking all the boxes as a team leader and quarterback. HIs completion % will rise as they all grow together. 

Our future is very bright. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

It's a rebuilding year.  All five receivers, Watson included, Toure and Heath included, are all going to get better.  Musgrave is going to get better.  Jones is going to come back and be better than Taylor and Wilson.  Musgrave is going to get better.  Love is going to get better.  And MLF is going to get better at using them.  

This isn't the moment when Love is going to have his most glorious stats or completion percentage.  

Yes, it's also possible that with draft capital and cap space, that Gute will add even more talent to those groups.  

• Like 1

Guys will get better, but how much?  Every jag vet receiver was young once.  Every vet QB with accuracy problems was young once, with hopes those problems would smooth away with time.  When EQ was a rookie getting snaps and making a few catches, I assumed with time he'd become really good.  

I don't know how things will go, who knows the future?  Tons of reasons to be super hopeful.  But it may be that Doubs and Wicks will never be guys with the quickness or speed to be high-end guys at getting open.  Who knows?  Toure and Heath, might emerge as solid functional NFL guys, but also might just be bubble guys with no ceiling.  who knows?  

But sure is lots of reason to hope for the future, it could play out really, really well.  Who knows?  

A lot of improvement might show up this very season.  Yes, it's a rebuilding season, but they could all be learning and getting more comfortable as the weeks progress. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, craig said:

It's a rebuilding year.  All five receivers, Watson included, Toure and Heath included, are all going to get better.  Musgrave is going to get better.  Jones is going to come back and be better than Taylor and Wilson.  Musgrave is going to get better.  Love is going to get better.  And MLF is going to get better at using them.  

This isn't the moment when Love is going to have his most glorious stats or completion percentage.  

Yes, it's also possible that with draft capital and cap space, that Gute will add even more talent to those groups.  

1 hour ago, craig said:

Guys will get better, but how much?  Every jag vet receiver was young once.  Every vet QB with accuracy problems was young once, with hopes those problems would smooth away with time.  When EQ was a rookie getting snaps and making a few catches, I assumed with time he'd become really good.  

I don't know how things will go, who knows the future?  Tons of reasons to be super hopeful.  But it may be that Doubs and Wicks will never be guys with the quickness or speed to be high-end guys at getting open.  Who knows?  Toure and Heath, might emerge as solid functional NFL guys, but also might just be bubble guys with no ceiling.  who knows?  

But sure is lots of reason to hope for the future, it could play out really, really well.  Who knows?  

A lot of improvement might show up this very season.  Yes, it's a rebuilding season, but they could all be learning and getting more comfortable as the weeks progress. 

Did somebody hack your account on one of these posts or are you bi-polar? 

These are pretty contradictory posts. 

@craig I'm kidding but the posts are polar opposites. 

Edited by Old Guy

It's a pretty nice looking FA pool in 2024 for WR's.  If we wanted to get a vet in there, we could do it.  We'd have to pony up some serious money, but we could do it.

I feel like we will not.  Our guys have a ton of potential and ability.  Best course of action is probably to evolve the offense with them over time.

I'd love to get an AJ Brown or something like that to vault the offense forward, but it would cost a lot and take snaps away from younger kids who have serious upside.

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

I think this is a fair assessment but should have been the expectation too. Rookies make mistakes, guys who have not played a lot of ball in the NFL make mistakes. 

Jordan Love has made a few mistakes, like the botched QB sneak where he forgot the signal. 

This to me makes the future exciting. The young receivers are learning WHILE playing. The quarterback is not giving up on them and freezing them out of the offense. 

The continued trust J Love is showing the young guys is going to pay massive dividends in the future. Both in results on the field and respect these guys will have for him for sticking with him. By all accounts Love is checking all the boxes as a team leader and quarterback. HIs completion % will rise as they all grow together. 

Our future is very bright. 

Yes, and it appears his teammates love playing with him, even the older vets.  Love didn't play well for a good chunk of the NO game but he kept plugging away and brought his team back by the biggest margin in team history.  Our future is indeed very bright.  tbh he is better than I thought he'd be this early in the season.  🙂

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, craig said:

I'm going to try to be unbiased here.  Projections.....

But Doubs has size, quickness, speed and hands.  He's got every tool that there is to be a bonafide #1 WR in this league.  Oh...and he appears to have the trust of his QB.  

Watson has elite size, quickness and speed.  At the very least, he is a perfect compliment to a Doubs type WR.  At his best?  Watson has a skillset that is almost unmatched in the league.  He needs hands, he needs to show he can run routes and most importantly, he needs to be healthy.  It's scary how good he could be.

Wicks.  He's the type of WR that I want on this team.  One that I crave.  He's large.  He looks to have great short area quickness.  He played physical in college.  Give him a year or two and a few more added pounds and he's going to bully some CB3 or CB4's.

Reed.  I didn't like the pick.  But the kid is fast, smooth and quick.  Hands will get even better.  He's got a skillset that could make him a really, really large weapon.

I think Heath is a fine #5 or #6, same goes for Toure.  Keep drafting guys to push them to get better or push them off the roster.  But they are fine.

Sky is the limit for Musgrave.

If we ever get a running game going, and a full offense with these guys healthy, I dare say, it has the makings of a very explosive offense.  If you run 2 deep safeties to take away Watson Doubs, it opens up Reed, Musgrave and Wicks.  If you run a light box to try to contain the passing game, then you hand the ball off.

It's all there.  It just needs time and a running game.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

It's a pretty nice looking FA pool in 2024 for WR's.  If we wanted to get a vet in there, we could do it.  We'd have to pony up some serious money, but we could do it.

I feel like we will not.  Our guys have a ton of potential and ability.  Best course of action is probably to evolve the offense with them over time.

I'd love to get an AJ Brown or something like that to vault the offense forward, but it would cost a lot and take snaps away from younger kids who have serious upside.

Sign a RB and S in FA where you get good value. Keep drafting the WR's. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Is this the flea flicker play where Love slipped on the turf, or is he getting a little crazy at times with his throwing platform?

USATSI_21495298.jpg?resize=1024,718

T'was the flicker of the flea. So disappointing because that would have been a huge gainer and maybe a TD.  Entirely different game if we don't shoot ourselves in the foot there.