Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

3 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

I do think it's something of a bad habit picked up from being around Rodgers, everything being a highlight throw.

Whatever it is, it's not going to be coached out of him this season. It would take an off-season of breaking him down now that it's on tape. 

14 hours ago, MacReady said:

How many people said Rodgers would never win another Super Bowl 8 years ago?

I’m not as stupid as I seem. The NFL isn’t as random as people think it is.

You realize you can pick any QB in the NFL and statistically the odds are in your favor that you will be correct with this statement? It's really not some grand prognostication on your part as you seem to think.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Whatever it is, it's not going to be coached out of him this season. It would take an off-season of breaking him down now that it's on tape. 

Oh for sure.

I could be inventing memories here, but I think I remember the same thing when Rodgers started. 

1 minute ago, pgwingman said:

I do think it's something of a bad habit picked up from being around Rodgers, everything being a highlight throw.

There are three things if I were his QB coach I would work on. 

First, at the end of his drops, he sometimes bounces when he plants.  This can sometimes lead him to cause his shoulder alignment to be off leading to overthrows. Keep the cleats in the ground and keep your shoulders level.

Second, if he is going to throw to the right sideline or especially to the left sideline, to get his feet more aligned to where the throw is going to go. When he throws to his left he is sometimes throwing across his body leading to throws behind the receiver. He is pretty good on throws to the right.

Third, on deep throws they are instructing him to put more air under the ball to allow the Packer receivers more opportunity to adjust to the throw. I would instruct him to take a little of that air off the throw or at least drive the ball more. Love has natural arm talent and strength...play to that right now. Work on the nuances of the air under the throw this offseason. That deep pass to Reed last night was his best long throw this season. Hopefully, we see more of that.

In the offseason, I would also work on tightening up his base slightly as his feet are a little too wide. This would allow him to move, readjust and reset his feet quicker when he gets pressure rather than throwing off balance. Aaron was a master at this and allowed him to snap off those throws fast...even in the face of a rusher coming in at him. Love can do it because like Rodgers he puts a lot of torque into this throws. This would really enhance his accuracy.

I like a lot of the rest of what I see from him.  Good poise, command of the huddle and leadership. That come from behind win last week was impressive and he displayed resilience. Last night was not a good night for the offensive line nor for the game plan as no running game was really established (or really even attempted to be established). Love is not at the point were he can win a game by himself and I think that is what they were asking him to do last night. We lost that came physically on both the offensive and defensive line of scrimmages.

• Like 3

The amount of excuses for this kid is straight up comical at this point. I was told sitting behind Rodgers was a positive, now it's a negative because he's "picked up his bad habits".

Lets recap the agenda Love stans have been trying to push over just the last two weeks

1) Completing passes is overrated

2) Joe Barry is the reason we can't score points

3) We are the only injured team in the league, nobody else has any key players hurt.

Instead of blaming everyone else maybe we should blame the guy overthrowing guys by 10 yards every other throw.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

You realize you can pick any QB in the NFL and statistically the odds are in your favor that you will be correct with this statement? It's really not some grand prognostication on your part as you seem to think.

Yeah, remind me how many rings Marino has? 

28 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Oh for sure.

I could be inventing memories here, but I think I remember the same thing when Rodgers started. 

Rodgers had the Tedford habits. He also was able to take part in MM's QB camps before the CBA changed how the offseason works for teams and got a lot of those fixed.

Of course, Rodgers then proceeded to pick up a whole other host of bad habits that worked for Prime Rodgers but not so much for current Rodgers.

Edited by Striker
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, StatKing said:

The amount of excuses for this kid is straight up comical at this point. I was told sitting behind Rodgers was a positive, now it's a negative because he's "picked up his bad habits".

Lets recap the agenda Love stans have been trying to push over just the last two weeks

3) We are the only injured team in the league, nobody else has any key players hurt.

Instead of blaming everyone else maybe we should blame the guy overthrowing guys by 10 yards every other throw.

Love is our QB for the rest of the year.  I agree with nearly everything you have said.  The OL needs to get a lot better, and Love needs to stop missing receivers by 10 yards.

This offense won't accomplish jack without these 2 factors improving a lot.

9 minutes ago, LacyIsGood said:

I’m happy with Love so far all things considered.  Really like his moxie…surprised by the lack of bootlegs, play action, screens, etc.  since the 1st game and the first 3 quarters of the 2nd.  

When things are not working as per the plan, I feel MLF put more into QB hands instead of helping him. Its like he stops helping QB at all. 

2 hours ago, StatKing said:

Damn, you want this guy to fail so bad.

• Like 2

strategic view, its early days, but Love is not good enough to get "paid".  But he seems to be a serviceable NFL quarterback assssuuuuuummmming we get other pieces of the puzzle to hum.  We have not done that.  My opinion on the defense is well established, I wont beat that dead horse.  If we want our defense to be good, we are going to have to go out and buy proven players.  We cant draft them.  It is what it is, fine.  But lets go out and grab some offensive talent this offseason that we might be able to afford on the premise we will not be paying for a marquee quarterback.

Love is going to be a decision on his own.......for me, its 50/50.  Again, his accuracy is not great, his long ball is diabolical, but he shows flashes theres enough to work with there if we convert to a truly "run first" offense that is getting 35ish touches a game.  If we dont lock in a marquee quarterback contract, it gives us flexibility in other areas of the ball.  I do think we need a WR1.  While Doubs is a dawg, Watson is overrated and constantly injured.  Reed seems to be a guy too.  So we got WR2 and WR3.  We still need WR1.  I wouldn't hate a Marvin Harrison Jr type with our pick at all.  Someone who can go out and get it.  But our OL situation, especially LT might be too diabolical to think of that sort of pick.