Week 13 Gameday thread

RamRod

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

His post made LOL so hard.

Guys Gronk is clearly the victim here. The refs are against him, the Bills covered him and were physical in a football game. He just got tired of being bullied I guess.

bro... havent you heard? that hit was ok cause it may have hurt Brady in the mvp race? 

@lancerman

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

bro... havent you heard? that hit was ok cause it may have hurt Brady in the mvp race? 

@lancerman

Shhhhh....

Actually I didn't say it was okay because of that. I said cared little less because of that. But I said Gronk getting mauled all game with no flags and Bills players diving at his knees frustrated the hell out of him. So then you had a Bills player blatantly hold him the whole route before committing the most blatant uncalled pass interference I've seen in a while by pushing him to cause an interception. So the dude lost his cool and reacted. It's understandable. Not right, but understandable why he reacted the way he did. He's since apologized and he'll get some type. 

And not for nothing, we've seen Suh and Burfict not get suspended for doing more. Last week we saw a full on brawl turn into a single game suspension, and that was significantly worse than what Gronk did. So yeah did Gronk do the wrong thing? Yeah absolutely. But the outrage is hysterical when you compare what happened to any other physical altercation that led to a suspension. Norman and OBJ literally had to fight each other all game to get a one game suspension. Talib and Crabtree had to start having a little MMA fight to each ultimately get a one game suspension. Gronk lost his cool and dived on a guy who already committed what should have been a penalty on him. There's a sense of proportion that should be taken into account. Not that it matters. I'm sure the media coverage will end up with it being a suspension. 

56 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Shhhhh....

Actually I didn't say it was okay because of that. I said cared little less because of that. But I said Gronk getting mauled all game with no flags and Bills players diving at his knees frustrated the hell out of him. So then you had a Bills player blatantly hold him the whole route before committing the most blatant uncalled pass interference I've seen in a while by pushing him to cause an interception. So the dude lost his cool and reacted. It's understandable. Not right, but understandable why he reacted the way he did. He's since apologized and he'll get some type. 

And not for nothing, we've seen Suh and Burfict not get suspended for doing more. Last week we saw a full on brawl turn into a single game suspension, and that was significantly worse than what Gronk did. So yeah did Gronk do the wrong thing? Yeah absolutely. But the outrage is hysterical when you compare what happened to any other physical altercation that led to a suspension. Norman and OBJ literally had to fight each other all game to get a one game suspension. Talib and Crabtree had to start having a little MMA fight to each ultimately get a one game suspension. Gronk lost his cool and dived on a guy who already committed what should have been a penalty on him. There's a sense of proportion that should be taken into account. Not that it matters. I'm sure the media coverage will end up with it being a suspension. 

Does the media have anything to do with Tre'Davious White being in the concussion protocol b/c of the cheap shot?

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

Shhhhh....

This is some garbage. That hit was way more cowardly and dangerous than the Talib Crabtree . Diving at the guy on the ground from behind his back and throwing your shoulder into his helmet? It's not understandable. It's disgusting. This is the dirtiest play I can recall since Haynesworth stomped on a helmetless (which made that worse) player on the ground.  No one cares about some uncalled pass interference. 

This should be a multi game suspension.

If I were a bills fan I would be really disappointed in 30 and 52

6 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

This is some garbage. That hit was way more cowardly and dangerous than the Talib Crabtree . Diving at the guy on the ground from behind his back and throwing your shoulder into his helmet? It's not understandable. It's disgusting. This is the dirtiest play I can recall since Haynesworth stomped on a helmetless (which made that worse) player on the ground.  No one cares about some uncalled pass interference. 

This should be a multi game suspension.

If I were a bills fan I would be really disappointed in 30 and 52

If you think a forarm to the back of the head is more dangerous than two guys trying to throw haymakers at each other.... I don't know what to tell you 

29 minutes ago, lancerman said:

If you think a forarm to the back of the head is more dangerous than two guys trying to throw haymakers at each other.... I don't know what to tell you 

Yes. Two people taking a couple swings at each face to face is definitely less dangerous. Who got injured in the Crabtree Talib dust-up? No one. 

Just now, Trentwannabe said:

You must be trolling at this point.

No way this can be serious. 

Do you actually fight? Have you ever actually trained in combat sports? Have you been in a fight? 

Personally I'd much rather take a forarm to the back of my head (where there's a giant helmet protecting me at that in this situation) than have someone connect with a haymaker. 

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

Do you actually fight? Have you ever actually trained in combat sports? Have you been in a fight? 

Personally I'd much rather take a forarm to the back of my head (where there's a giant helmet protecting me at that in this situation) than have someone connect with a haymaker. 

Except Talib and Crabtree are not combat fighters and aren`t trained fighters. Your example was them being more dangerous then Gronk slaming his body and forearm on the back of a defenseless players neck which is ludicrous. 

Just now, Trentwannabe said:

Except Talib and Crabtree are not combat fighters and aren`t trained fighters. Your example was them being more dangerous then Gronk slaming his body and forearm on the back of a defenseless players neck which is ludicrous. 

Doesn't matter. Would you rather a non combat fighter who is obviously an elite athlete trying to throw haymakers at you or trying to do one forarm to the back of your head? It's actually more rare to get a concussion from a strike to the back of the head than haymaker. As well significant more dangerous just in general. 

Archived