Week 13 Gameday thread

RamRod

31 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

So I think the consensus is Kamara is OROY. Who is DROY? Marshon Lattimore?

I'm actually holding out hope that Deshaun Watson wins OROY, injury and all. His one month of football was nothing short of amazing - as indicated by his AFC Offense Player of the Month award in October. 

I'm 100% positive he won't win, but if we're being honest with ourselves, he was the most impressive rookie this season.

2 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I'm actually holding out hope that Deshaun Watson wins OROY, injury and all. His one month of football was nothing short of amazing - as indicated by his AFC Offense Player of the Month award in October. 

I'm 100% positive he won't win, but if we're being honest with ourselves, he was the most impressive rookie this season.

Eh.. I was hyping up Watson all off season before the draft and he lived up to it. But it's way too short a window to be more impressive when Kamara is comparably amazing over a much longer period. The stats are there and the film is equally exciting.

6 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Ahh...thanks guys.   

Never liked Arians even when he was in Pittsburgh....just didnt know why you guys didnt like him.   

Read his book QB Whisperer. Good chance it'll change your views on Arians and it talks about his time in PItt. I think he's a really solid coach. Quite the character at least.

13 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Eh.. I was hyping up Watson all off season before the draft and he lived up to it. But it's way too short a window to be more impressive when Kamara is comparably amazing over a much longer period. The stats are there and the film is equally exciting.

I'm not doubting this, but food for thought - through seven games (6.5, actually) he accounted for 21 TDs and he's still top 10 in TD passes this season, despite not throwing a pass since week 8. His impact is also understated - the Texans were the highest scoring offense in the league with Watson at the helm, now they can't score more than 14 points in any given outing.

Longer period is true, but Watson shined brighter in his seven games - his standing was more than OROY worthy, he was getting into MVP consideration.

14 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Watson does have more snaps, though.

4 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I'm not doubting this, but food for thought - through seven games (6.5, actually) he accounted for 21 TDs and he's still top 10 in TD passes this season, despite not throwing a pass since week 8. His impact is also understated - the Texans were the highest scoring offense in the league with Watson at the helm, now they can't score more than 14 points in any given outing.

Longer period is true, but Watson shined brighter in his seven games - his standing was more than OROY worthy, he was getting into MVP consideration.

Go Team Watson!

52 minutes ago, Carmen Cygni said:

Read his book QB Whisperer. Good chance it'll change your views on Arians and it talks about his time in PItt. I think he's a really solid coach. Quite the character at least.

He is a solid head coach and a great QB coach.     

Didnt like him as an OC though.

4 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

what? hes upset that hes getting "shoved around" in a football game? are you serious?

His post made LOL so hard.

Guys Gronk is clearly the victim here. The refs are against him, the Bills covered him and were physical in a football game. He just got tired of being bullied I guess.

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

If the award was for best rookie, I’d give it to Watson.

However rookie of the YEAR to me makes it really tough to give it to Watson over Kamara for an entire season’s work.

Archived