Week 13 Gameday thread

RamRod

5 minutes ago, Counselor said:

This is all pure gold 

Admittedly, got my terminology wrong (been a while since I went into this). Cerebral cortex is best described as the left/right hemisphere of the brain. The critical components I referred to is regulated by the temperoal lobe, parieatial lobe, cerebellum - all located in the back of the head, at the base of the spine. 

Good shot to the front of the head? Foggy memory, due to damage to area that regulates memory function. Unfortunate in it's own right.

Good shot to the back of the head? Much more complex in terms of potential damage.

I just like the idea of a Herb Dean stopping a fight cause guys are throwing punches and saying “No no no! Piledrivers to the most vulnerable part of he body ONLY! We’ve all got families to go home to. Keep it tidy, guys.”

2 hours ago, lancerman said:

If you think a forarm to the back of the head is more dangerous than two guys trying to throw haymakers at each other.... I don't know what to tell you 

Two guys throwing haymakers at each other is called a fight.  Big deal it happens all the time.  Divebombing a guy in the back of the head while  he's lying on the ground is a lot more dangerous for numerous reasons.

11 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

I just like the idea of a Herb Dean stopping a fight cause guys are throwing punches and saying “No no no! Piledrivers to the most vulnerable part of he body ONLY! We’ve all got families to go home to. Keep it tidy, guys.”

Only thing running through my head is that time Rampage Jackson powerbombed Ricardo Arona. Let's be glad he didn't punch him in the front of the head, that could have been dangerous...

L9CHz3C.gif

18 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Okay upon further reflection maybe I'm going to easy on Gronk because I still think the play was bs and he's one of my guys. One game suspension is appropriate 

Pretty much. But I really got to know. Do you really think some haymakers is more dangerous than a forearm in the back of head? Did you really invoke combat fighting to help with that argument? Was you just in defense mode? I gotta know. 

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

Okay upon further reflection maybe I'm going to easy on Gronk because I still think the play was bs and he's one of my guys. One game suspension is appropriate 

I can appreciate manning up to it. We're all guilty of this at one point or another. As long as you can work yourself back into a logical conclusion, we're OK.

I also think many of us - if not all of us - can agree that White was mugging him in coverage. It should have been flagged in that respect as holding or PI.

But that doesn't justify the response from Gronk. 

42 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I also think many of us - if not all of us - can agree that White was mugging him in coverage. It should have been flagged in that respect as holding or PI.

But that doesn't justify the response from Gronk. 

This is pretty much all that needs to be said about it IMO. He was held/interfered with undoubtedly, but that does not excuse what he did, which was dirty, and he should be suspended. Pretty hard to argue anything else, and it just remains to be seen how long he will be suspended. My guess would be 1 or 2 games.

Anybody know how long after the game these suspensions are usually handed out?

It really should. I end up posting this in every DPOY/Aaron Donald thread, but he has a pass rush productivity (measure of sacks/hits/hurries per snap) of 14.9, easily leading all interior defenders. The next best is Cam Heyward at 12.9. Even among edge defenders, the best qualifying player is Cam Wake at 15.0, right with Donald, and then after that Carl Lawson at 14.7 and Von Miller at 14.2. And the craziest thing is its not a small sample size for Donald, its the exact opposite. He has almost 33% more pass rushing snaps than Carl Lawson and Cam Wake. He's basically been the best pass rusher in the entire league, but as an interior defender instead of as an edge defender. That is absolutely ludicrous, last time it happened was with Watt in his near MVP campaign, and before that, I can't think of anyone since like Reggie White days. He's having a historic season as an interior defender and the only reason I think he shouldn't be a near unanimous DPOY is because Wagner is also playing out of his mind and deserves a ton of votes as well. Still, I think Donald finally deserves the DPOY he should've gotten for the last 2 years, dude is imo the best player in the entire NFL.

This quote is nutty.. 

Archived