2023 EC Finals: (2) Boston Celtics vs (8) Miami Heat

11sanchez11

11 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

People really blaming the refs on the Heat loss?

I get it. It's hard to watch your team lose like that, I'd probably look at a few calls and try to make it make sense as well. I definitely saw a Smart hook on an and1 or the Tatum loose ball foul on Vincent was a lil tough but I think that's as good as it gets in the officiating world here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

People really blaming the refs on the Heat loss?

Nah, I'm blaming the Heat for missing the opportunities they had more than anything. Duncan Robinson's two misses and the last play are bigger than anything the refs did, but that doesn't mean they weren't also up against it last night in a game they lost by 1 point. Also doesn't change the fact that they are the ones that let a 3-0 series lead slip. Everything there can be true. 

3 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

I'm gonna say they didn't play against the refs last night. It's too late in the season and the series to complain about the officials. Yall were up 3 games. 

I'm not convinced it wasn't a double dribble. It looks like he goes to pick up the ball to shoot and changes his mind. 

Yup, the Heat absolutely blew the lead and that's on them. I'm just looking for an explanation why the clock was changed to 3.0 seconds. If your defense is to change the subject to a non-double dribble, then I'm guessing you don't know either. The only reasoning I've heard is that the TV clock isn't the same as the arena, which would explain it, but is also absolutely insane to me. 

6 hours ago, JonStark said:

Nah, I'm blaming the Heat for missing the opportunities they had more than anything. Duncan Robinson's two misses and the last play are bigger than anything the refs did, but that doesn't mean they weren't also up against it last night in a game they lost by 1 point. Also doesn't change the fact that they are the ones that let a 3-0 series lead slip. Everything there can be true. 

Yup, the Heat absolutely blew the lead and that's on them. I'm just looking for an explanation why the clock was changed to 3.0 seconds. If your defense is to change the subject to a non-double dribble, then I'm guessing you don't know either. The only reasoning I've heard is that the TV clock isn't the same as the arena, which would explain it, but is also absolutely insane to me. 

Yeah I have no idea why. I assumed it's because the clock ran an extra 0.9 seconds after the foul was called which is pretty common. It ain't a defense bro we ain't fighting. This been stressful for everyone

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

Yeah I have no idea why. I assumed it's because the clock ran an extra 0.9 seconds after the foul was called which is pretty common. It ain't a defense bro we ain't fighting. This been stressful for everyone

That's fair. It is what it is at this point. Nothing else matters except what happens tonight.

At least it was White that got the buzzer beater though. He's never got the credit he deserved IMO. 

21 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

I think the time was added as a penalty for Jimmy's double dribble half a moment before.

Cmon mang. Heat aren't even in the game if the refs aren't giving Jimmy every whistle on plays he creates contact and throws up a prayer late. 

The Heat are a team of dawgs from the office to Jimmy. They ain't blaming the refs. They're blaming Strus and Robinson and tipping their hat to an all time play.

I hope not. Those misses were brutal, as good of looks you could hope, but he’s also the only reason they were still alive. Jimmy was asleep until last 3 or 4 minutes and it was Robinson’s shot making that opened up offense.

Hope Heat somehow pull it off, want that home court for Nuggets. At very least hope they can make it entertaining tonight. 

2 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I hope not. Those misses were brutal, as good of looks you could hope, but he’s also the only reason they were still alive. Jimmy was asleep until last 3 or 4 minutes and it was Robinson’s shot making that opened up offense.

Hope Heat somehow pull it off, want that home court for Nuggets. At very least hope they can make it entertaining tonight. 

The nugs have home court regardless

1 hour ago, Troy Brown said:

sometimes i feel like the only guy who doesn't buy into all the ref stats

I think it's definitely overblown, but there is a little to it with the way refs call games and the way certain teams play.

Like in MMA, some judges favor ground control more than damage or significant strikes more than other aspects. Doesn't mean those judges are "out to get" the fighter that specializes in the other stuff, but it does give him a slight disadvantage if it goes to the cards.