2023 Around the League

HuskieBear

4 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

My list:

Miami

Buffalo (James Cook, Damien Harris)

Baltimore (JK Dobbins injuries, contract year)

KC (McKinnon, Pacheco, Clyde Edwards-Helaire)

Dallas (Pollard/Taylor RBBC, sign the better of the two)

Washington (Looking for another playmaker on offense)

Minnesota (Mattison is not the answer)

Tampa Bay (Lost Fournette, 2nd year Rachaad White first in line)

LA Rams (Not afraid of making trades, is Akers a good football player?)

DAL would make no sense to me unless they’re sending Pollard back, and why would IND want a less talented RB in the same contractual situation? TB and LAR are clear rebuilds. KC doesn’t need him - they just won the SB with what they have plus they’re already in a financial bind with the Chris Jones contract. MIN would make sense if they weren’t in the process of turning over the defense and at least posturing to need to use their capital to replace Cousins next year.

Of the teams you mentioned, only WSH gets him out of the conference and makes sense to me. BUF probably needs him most and should have the lowest 1st round pick of the likely targets, but they have just $6M in cap space now and are already $25M over next year’s cap. 

10 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

DAL would make no sense to me unless they’re sending Pollard back, and why would IND want a less talented RB in the same contractual situation? TB and LAR are clear rebuilds. KC doesn’t need him - they just won the SB with what they have plus they’re already in a financial bind with the Chris Jones contract. MIN would make sense if they weren’t in the process of turning over the defense and at least posturing to need to use their capital to replace Cousins next year.

Of the teams you mentioned, only WSH gets him out of the conference and makes sense to me. BUF probably needs him most and should have the lowest 1st round pick of the likely targets, but they have just $6M in cap space now and are already $25M over next year’s cap. 

Eagles make the most sense to me. They are in clear "go for it mode" and get him out of the conference. their current backs are penny and swift, both of which are either getting paid pennies or given away by their prior team, and they could see a dynamic back like JT getting them over the edge in the SB. plus, if IND is really demanding a 1st, PHI would likely have a very late one

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

The Chris Jones situation seems to be getting worse and worse...he has a legit argument as the best DL in all of football...what would you give up for him?

Would love to get Jones, but until I know Fields is the guy I'm going to give a massive deal to I wouldn't be able to afford him. The 1sts for 2024 and 2025 are off the table so I'm sure the Chiefs could get something more for him. 

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Would love to get Jones, but until I know Fields is the guy I'm going to give a massive deal to I wouldn't be able to afford him. The 1sts for 2024 and 2025 are off the table so I'm sure the Chiefs could get something more for him. 

Yeah I wouldn't be offering any 1st..a 2024 & 2025 2nd? I would be very tempted.

Busted.  3 first rounders and they too passed on Mahomes.

Kind of funny many of them think Fields is a bust too.   I can't believe disrespect he gets outside Bears fandom.

Aaron Rodgers would have looked like a bad player had he been on our team last 2 years just like Rodgers looked bad last year with young WRs and the OL and defense not playing great.

A QB is most important position, but he is still 1 of 22 guys that play regularly.  

43 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Yeah I wouldn't be offering any 1st..a 2024 & 2025 2nd? I would be very tempted.

Oh I would too and would throw the kffer out there. But there would be someone offering more. Maybe get lucky and they send him out of the AFC or Poles gets a slight buddy deal. Unlikely but would be awesome.

1 hour ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

I looked that up. F you Ty. 

I remember seeing that live while watching the combine. I said, “Holy **** they just showed that guy’s **** hanging out!” and my sister, who happened to be at my house at the time and in the other room, being like, “Hahahaha… wait WHAT??!”