2023 Around the League

HuskieBear

9 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Pickens is a bit of a gimmick receiver, better and worse than Brandon Lloyd. He has a very basic route tree. Watch his highlights. Even the training camp highlight. He’s just running a fly route every single time and Pickett throws it up. His circus catch ability is undeniable. His tendency to be a diva is just going to get worse. As long as Brisker stays healthy through his career, I’ll never regret taking him. Gordon, on the other hand, should’ve been Pickens 😅

Gordon apparently was the star of practice today. Much easier to come into the league as a WR than at CB. I think Gordon could surprise a lot of people this year. 

8 hours ago, Docknstein11 said:

Gordon apparently was the star of practice today. Much easier to come into the league as a WR than at CB. I think Gordon could surprise a lot of people this year. 

Gordon was also much better in the 2nd half of last year than the first half (something we should keep in mind when it comes to Stevenson/Smith too btw). 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Ty21 said:

That corner that Pickens mossed was draft pick 2.32 Joey Porter Jr 

Joey Porter was one of my favorite players growing up. Feels dirty rooting against his son and I’m not doing that necessarily, but if he was a bust after all the crap Poles and Claypool received for the trade I wouldn’t hate it. Stevenson being a better player would be good enough I suppose. 

24 minutes ago, Docknstein11 said:

Joey Porter was one of my favorite players growing up. Feels dirty rooting against his son and I’m not doing that necessarily, but if he was a bust after all the crap Poles and Claypool received for the trade I wouldn’t hate it. Stevenson being a better player would be good enough I suppose. 

I’m 100% not hoping he busts. Especially for legacy’s sake. It’s neat watching the sons of guys in the league when I first started watching make it. If I’m rooting for anything here it’s that yeah Stevenson or Smith end up studs 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

The timing of it in close succession to our Ngakoue deal makes me think we were probably in on both, but were only ever going to sign one. I think we got the more useful of the two for the upcoming season anyhow.

I think I read or heard somewhere from a Poles interview that is true.  But I am not positive.

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

If Bryce Young gets hit once a drive like he did on the first 2 drives today, he'll be in a wheelchair by week 8. 

He got smacked around. Dude needs to consider taking a sabbatical for the year to bulk up