2023 Around the League

HuskieBear

5 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Jameis Winston looks like he's 165 pounds, and AT Perry looks like a steal

I’ve been saying that for a long time and he went a whole round after I projected him. He did look stiff at times with lesser body control but his presence and ability was undeniable. 

5 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Trey Lance looks like his confidence is completely shot

He looks as bad as any highly drafted QB I've seen.  I have a feeling the 9ers may pull the plug this year.  Trey may need to go spend a year in the XFL and just get some actual playing time.  The game in the NFL is just waaaaaay too fast for him right now

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

He looks as bad as any highly drafted QB I've seen.  I have a feeling the 9ers may pull the plug this year.  Trey may need to go spend a year in the XFL and just get some actual playing time.  The game in the NFL is just waaaaaay too fast for him right now

Box score analysis: 10-15 66% 112 yds 1 td 0 int doesnt paint the same picture for me

not saying either of these things happen, but a "what if/would you scenario"

1) 49ers somehow can't find a team willing to throw a late round pick for Lance and decide to cut bait at final cuts. with the 1st overall waiver position, do the bears make a play for him as a back up? he does still have #3 overall pick contract tho

2) nick bosa still holding out - would you trade (probably at least) both of our 1sts next year for Bosa and give him the largest defensive contract in nfl history?

I don’t think SF is in any position to be moving on from any QBs, unless they can fleece a team into thinking Lance is worth more than he is. But there’s definite risk since they have to be in win now mode right now 

I think it is about time to officially call Trey Lance a bust.

If they can't trade him - he may go to practice squad or be cut.

He is 4th best QB on that roster right now.

49er fans really jumped all over me in opener thread when I said it meant something that he didn't get voted to be one of (I think it was 7) captains on team.  This was after he was announced as the starting QB mind you.   

When your 2nd year top 3 pick QB doesn't get named a captain.   That is a definite red flag.   Non-first year starting QBs are almost always captains by default.   

The players I think knew he was no bueno.  

That goes down as one of worst trades ever.   If 49ers didn't have a stacked team and a good year - there would be a LOT more grumbling.

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

not saying either of these things happen, but a "what if/would you scenario"

1) 49ers somehow can't find a team willing to throw a late round pick for Lance and decide to cut bait at final cuts. with the 1st overall waiver position, do the bears make a play for him as a back up? he does still have #3 overall pick contract tho

2) nick bosa still holding out - would you trade (probably at least) both of our 1sts next year for Bosa and give him the largest defensive contract in nfl history?

1- Depends on how the cap hits come along. If they cut him and a waiver team (let's say CHI) signs him, who is responsible for his cap hits? Does SF get off scot free? Because if so, no chance in hell I would sign him. If it is 50% or less then still no. lol   If Fields goes down or is just playing poorly I want to tank. If he is healthy and playing well then Lance would be nothing but a late competition for Johnson as back up QB. Not worth signing. 

2 - The only way I would trade for him is if Fields 100% looks like he is getting that megadeal. If he does (and if the Panthers' vets carry them to an annoyingly good season) then those two firsts mean WAY less than a really high pick when a QB is needed, at least to Chicago. I didn't mind the Mack trade and still believe the trade was a good one, what screwed up the value of that trade was Pace selecting the wrong coach and QB. If you get Mahomes and a coach that can run a competent offense paired with the 2018 defense you're looking at a pretty likely Super Bowl appearance. But just like Jones and Donald, they are great to have if you have a franchise-caliber QB, but they aren't getting you to a Super Bowl without one. 

The story I heard them tell in one interview during the actual draft year was they traded up for QB and were undecided. Then they both watched film separately initially to stay unbiased.   Then they both came together and surprise, they both independently agreed on Trey Lance.   Then they hugged or high fived or some tripe.   

Which sounds like total BS.  But that's what they said at time.   Maybe it's true.