So what happens to Zeke, Fournette, and Kareem Hunt?

Humble_Beast

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

y'all really tanking this year I guess

If getting rid of old, washed up veterans on terrible contracts and replacing them with younger, probably better players to create cap space is tanking, then I guess we're tanking. 

Edited by AP_allday2869

1 minute ago, AP_allday2869 said:

If getting rid of old, washed up veterans and replacing them with younger, probably better players to create cap space is tanking, then I guess we're tanking. 

Mattison, McBride, and Chandler are all just JAGs. They'll make no impact on your team. Fournette isn't going to cost much. Getting rid of Cook is the right move.

Just now, Danger said:

Mattison, McBride, and Chandler are all just JAGs. They'll make no impact on your team. Fournette isn't going to cost much. Getting rid of Cook is the right move.

I'm not saying they're amazing, but they're good enough. It won't matter who our running backs are if we have Jefferson, Hockenson, and Addison catching passes.

1 hour ago, AP_allday2869 said:

If getting rid of old, washed up veterans on terrible contracts and replacing them with younger, probably better players to create cap space is tanking, then I guess we're tanking. 

Cook’s contract was bad, but there’s really no way to argue that anyone in that trip is better than him. 

Edited by Soko
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Hunt looks like he lost about 2 steps. He wasn’t even good as a number 2 last year. 

I don't even know how that's possible considering Hunt is only 27 years old and has spent the last 4 years of his career only getting about 10 touches a game in a timeshare. He is only a 6 year NFL veteran whose highest carry total in a season is 198 since his rookie year.

If there is one of these guys to take in, it should be Hunt and I think people might be overreacting to how he looked last season. Maybe it was just a down year because he was unmotivated with the Browns drafting Ford and knowing he was on a 1 year timeshare deal.

Zeke on the other hand is toasted. He ran a ton at OSU, he has been a every down workhorse in the NFL getting 325+ touches a year during his rookie contract and about 275 touches a year for the past 3 seasons. Hes gassed and there is no tread left on those tires. The best I can see him being from here on out is a Redzone back who can take goal line carries and catch the ball on swing passes trying to score. Maybe a 6-8 touch per game specialty package guy.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Soko said:

Cook’s contract was bad, but there’s really no way to argue that anyone in that trip is better than him. 

I meant that as a general statement, not solely specific to the running back room. Cook has done a lot for us, but his play is starting to decline and is just much too expensive for us to keep him. Cook is a better player than those I listed, but lets not pretend a running back will make or break our offense. 

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

I don't even know how that's possible considering Hunt is only 27 years old and has spent the last 4 years of his career only getting about 10 touches a game in a timeshare. He is only a 6 year NFL veteran whose highest carry total in a season is 198 since his rookie year.

If there is one of these guys to take in, it should be Hunt and I think people might be overreacting to how he looked last season. Maybe it was just a down year because he was unmotivated with the Browns drafting Ford and knowing he was on a 1 year timeshare deal.

Zeke on the other hand is toasted. He ran a ton at OSU, he has been an every down workhorse in the NFL getting 325+ touches a year during his rookie contract and about 275 touches a year for the past 3 seasons. Hes gassed and there is no tread left on those tires. The best I can see him being from here on out is a Redzone back who can take goal line carries and catch the ball on swing passes trying to score. Maybe a 6-8 touch per game specialty package guy.

I wouldn’t be surprised if hunt was out of shape last year. He just looked off. Maybe he drops 10 pounds and looks like the old hunt. 

• Like 1