Potential changes to the Super Bowl

Xmad

I do like the fact the Champions League is a two leg knock out tournament. I think seeing divisional and CCG weekend as a two-leg would be interesting. Get rid of the 17th game and add two weeks to the season that way. However, not sure what that does playing for home field in the regular season, as two road games could be ugly in the event of blowouts. Obviously you’d play the game a lot differently knowing that you’d have a total of eight quarters.

Edited by WheatieMan

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously, this is a bit.

I can't think of any realistic changes to the Super Bowl. But I would have one conference championship game on Saturday night, and the other one still on Sunday. That way, people who want to see both games won't have to watch both of them on the same day. Because of the off week, one winning team would play in the Super Bowl 15 days after their conference championship game, and the other winner would play 14 days later. That's one team's rest being 1.07 times longer than the other team's rest -- not too much of a difference.

Edited by Mr.UFO

On 5/29/2023 at 4:09 AM, Calamity_Cometh said:

Nah, a depressed Broncos fan who trolls for a living.

Considering that the trolling victim is the NFL -- a multi-billion dollar business entity that is infested with greed -- I wouldn't look down on him too much.

4 hours ago, Mr.UFO said:

Obviously, this is a bit.

I can't think of any realistic changes to the Super Bowl. But I would have one conference championship game on Saturday night, and the other one still on Sunday. That way, people who want to see both games won't have to watch both of them on the same day. Because of the off week, one winning team would play in the Super Bowl 15 days after their conference championship game, and the other winner would play 14 days later. That's one team's rest being 1.07 times longer than the other team's rest -- not too much of a difference.

What if 1 team played on the Saturday or Sunday before the CCG? Does that extra day of rest or lack there of count?

NFL fans spend 18 regular season weeks watching multiple Sunday Football games. Why in the world would it matter watching the two best games of the year most times b2b that particular Sunday?

Now if your complaint is the actual "Start Times" for said games, that I can see, that can be argued for. Having Two CCG on the same day as an "inconvenience" to NFL fans  not a chance in hell sorry.

I remember when a couple of hours before the SB between Oakland at Tampa Bay they had musical performances (along with the halftime show). One band was Lynyrd Skynyrd (what was left of them) and Santana. Beyonce came out and danced during one song when Santana was playing. I thought pre-game live music was going to be a regular thing, but it wasn't. They could do that again. Have nostalgia acts (like 80s metal bands) during the afternoon. Then at halftime, stick with whoever is the hot young artist of the day.

By the way, I get the feeling that the next SB halftime performer will be Taylor Swift.