Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 26 - Taco Bowl XXVI Posted!)

43 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

this might be the most rookies selected consecutively to start an nsfl draft in league history

Seemed more teams were able to keep players they usually would have to drop because more tags were traded 

56 minutes ago, ravens5520 said:

Not the best rookie draft in years and most drafted so early 🤔 

The top is pretty good though. 3 potential franchise QBs, two elite defensive lineman talents, and a hyped up RB. Richardson was always going number one. I'm genuinely surprised people are surprised this is how it has gone so far. 

I might have expected there to be a team at the top who wanted to win now and went with a vet, but I figured all six of those rookies would be picked early in the first round. 

I don't think every rookie draft will be like this, but it is starting to trend the way of being a little more rookie focused with some new users. We've seen some positive results from this strategy. Nobody has broke the code yet, so I think it's very likely we'll see old trends die off and new trends begin. And the cycle will repeat. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, swoosh said:

The top is pretty good though. 3 potential franchise QBs, two elite defensive lineman talents, and a hyped up RB. Richardson was always going number one. I'm genuinely surprised people are surprised this is how it has gone so far. 

I might have expected there to be a team at the top who wanted to win now and went with a vet, but I figured all six of those rookies would be picked early in the first round. 

I don't think every rookie draft will be like this, but it is starting to trend the way of being a little more rookie focused with some new users. We've seen some positive results from this strategy. Nobody has broke the code yet, so I think it's very likely we'll see old trends die off and new trends begin. And the cycle will repeat. 

I know this is a vet league but it should be expected that the top 5 went early. Carter maybe could have dropped for opportunity but the other guys seemed like locks.

18 minutes ago, swoosh said:

Nailed it here, and especially with the part in bold.

I think Micah Parsons is an interesting example in the rookie/vet conversation.

He was a dominant defensive prospect and ended up being drafted in the 2nd round of the S22 NSFL Draft (by a new owner), meaning anyone drafting in the mid-late 1st round could have had him. All he did was dominate for two NFL seasons while putting up solid NSFL stats at 1 tag cost:

S22: Micah Parsons [16 GS]: 79 tackles (9 stuffs), 7 coverages, 5 sacks.
S23: Micah Parsons [16 GS]: 60 tackles (10 stuffs), 9 coverages, 5 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 1 recovery.
S24: Micah Parsons [16 GS]: 102 tackles (8 stuffs), 9 coverages, 8 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 2 recoveries.

He was ultimately traded at the start of S25 for two solid players (Vea, Higgins), 4 tags and S25 1st and 2nd Round Picks.

Was that player a good selection as a rookie in the 2nd round?

• Like 1