2018 Free Agency targets

AZBearsFan

4 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

Landry is one of the best receivers in the game.  He doesn't fit the mold so I don't he'd make sense.  I'd love to have him if we run more WCO.

I really hope Detroit lets Ansah walk.  He's do $18 mil if they tag him.  Can they afford it?

The Lions have 50 million in cap space before we even get started.

3 hours ago, Rogerthat said:

Rumors are flying about aqib talib being available for a trade.  31 years old 11 million in 2018 and 8 million in 2019. better than Prince A.  Any takers ? 

Packers should do it they are in contention, but the Bears? No way. 

Just now, bkokot said:

Rumor of the day is that the Cowboys may be trying to trade Dez Bryant during free agency if he's not willing to restructure his contract.

Any interest in picking him up?  Think he'd be a good fit in this offense?

Crazy

Aging

Declining

Over Paid

Hard Pass

10 hours ago, G08 said:

I agree with Windy, I don't see it as a distraction at all.

If the US Military doesn't want players expressing themselves, they shouldn't have offered the NFL $$$ to make players stand in front of the stadium/television for the Anthem, all to recruit more Americans for service.

Being in the military currently I can tell my shop is split right down the middle on if it is ok for the players to kneel, personally I don't care it is a peaceful protest that start for a cause.

2 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

Being in the military currently I can tell my shop is split right down the middle on if it is ok for the players to kneel, personally I don't care it is a peaceful protest that start for a cause.

As a vet myself i think its incredibly stupid, but i fully support their right to do it.  I think thats what irritates me the most, that we fought to protect their right to protest and they are dishonoring those who paid the sacrifice to give them that right.

Well, for those of you that thought Pace was "cheap" or preferred to go after 2nd-3rd tier players rather than offer big money to big free agents....Here's proof you are dead WRONG. 

Via AJ Bouye

"I could see how the organization and the coaches looked at me. It was nothing personal, but I knew they would count me out. Jacksonville didn't even offer the most money. Chicago offered the most.Something told me to go with Jacksonville. I like their talent. It was closer to home, and it's in the division. I'm happy here.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Offered the most money to

Kenny Stills

Ted Ginn

AJ Bouye

Landed none of them. What a disaster last free agency was.

Yet people want to blame Pace for signing the guys he did.  Looked like he had no real choice.

Now that this franchise finally has a sense of stability and direction with their young QB I sense we will start to see more FAs want to actually sign here.

55 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Yet people want to blame Pace for signing the guys he did.  Looked like he had no real choice.

Now that this franchise finally has a sense of stability and direction with their young QB I sense we will start to see more FAs want to actually sign here.

Pace's error that he didn't fire fox after last season.  Everyone knew that john fox was a lame duck and no one wanted to play for a lame duck coach. 

8 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

Pace's error that he didn't fire fox after last season.  Everyone knew that john fox was a lame duck and no one wanted to play for a lame duck coach. 

That could be true, but we do not know that Pace had the authority to fire Fox after last season.  Maybe his hands were ted by ownership/Phillips.  Again, it's easy to point fingers when nobody knows the real truth of what's happening behind the scenes.

28 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

That could be true, but we do not know that Pace had the authority to fire Fox after last season.  Maybe his hands were ted by ownership/Phillips.  Again, it's easy to point fingers when nobody knows the real truth of what's happening behind the scenes.

Keeping Fox and signing Glennon killed us in free agency last season.

Both of those are on Pace.

Archived