26 members have voted

1. 1. Where does Dalvin Cook End up?

• Miami
    • Kansas City
    • Buffalo
    • Dallas
    • Jets
    • Other (state your case)

Dalvin Cook still has some life left in his game, but he's nearing the end of the RB window for production. Where does he end up? 

Obvious choices like Miami (heading home), the Chiefs or Cowboys (ring chasing) or even a team like the Jets who could be a wild card make sense. 

I'd even throw in a dark horse like Buffalo if he wants to combine ring chasing with playing on the same offense as his brother. 

Where do y'all think?

Writing on the wall is Miami. I don't think we really need him but I'd take him if he's willing to come here with a big hometown discount as reported. Dallas makes the most sense to me from a pure need standpoint - they can't feel comfortable with the notion of Pollard holding up as a featured back as good as he is. Jerry also likes star power. NYJ is a possibility depending on how they feel about Breece's status, but if he goes to a surprise team I'd have to think one of Chicago, Denver or Baltimore would be more likely. Maybe the Rams or Bucs if they are serious at all about potentially competing this season (although I doubt he wants to go to a non-contender).

Don't think KC has any way to afford him given their lack of cap space. Buffalo is also a bit tight on cap after the Leonard Floyd signing and has a very deep RB depth chart already (and I feel like he's not going to want to take carries away from his brother, anyway).

20 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Writing on the wall is Miami. I don't think we really need him but I'd take him if he's willing to come here with a big hometown discount as reported. Dallas makes the most sense to me from a pure need standpoint - they can't feel comfortable with the notion of Pollard holding up as a featured back as good as he is. Jerry also likes star power. NYJ is a possibility depending on how they feel about Breece's status, but if he goes to a surprise team I'd have to think one of Chicago, Denver or Baltimore would be more likely. Maybe the Rams or Bucs if they are serious at all about potentially competing this season (although I doubt he wants to go to a non-contender).

Don't think KC has any way to afford him given their lack of cap space. Buffalo is also a bit tight on cap after the Leonard Floyd signing and has a very deep RB depth chart already (and I feel like he's not going to want to take carries away from his brother, anyway).

I can't remember where I saw it, but I do remember a rumor that stated that the two teams had all but agreed to a trade at the draft and then something happened and it fell through. 

9 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Raiders

After years of dealing with middling QB play from Cousins, I don't think Dalvin would pass up a shot to play with possible future top 10 all time QB, Jimmy Garoppolo

I don't think Josh Jacobs would like that very much.

39 minutes ago, Forge said:

I can't remember where I saw it, but I do remember a rumor that stated that the two teams had all but agreed to a trade at the draft and then something happened and it fell through. 

Yeah, that combined with him posting on Instragram a picture of him dancing in Hard Rock Stadium and liking tweets linking the Dolphins to Cook. He's not been subtle about sending a strong message he wants to play for Miami, the only real question is whether or not the Dolphins want to sign him (at least at the price tag he'd be seeking).

I think he’s going to follow the money - getting cut at 27 at his position has to be a reminder that these paydays are going to get smaller and smaller going forward, so anyone willing to throw as much money as possible at him will get him. 

• Like 1

Favorite is the favorite 

but Im going to say Cleveland as a wildcard

we let Kareem Hunt go and haven’t did anything to the RB position all off-season 

Cook would be a great pass catching tandem back in compliment to Chubb. 

we’ve got about 4-5 million to blow. I could see it happening. We’ve got the best Oline out there of teams that would foreseeably look at him. 

16 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Favorite is the favorite 

we let Kareem Hunt go and haven’t did anything to the RB position all off-season 

we’ve got about 4-5 million to blow. I could see it happening. We’ve got the best Oline out there of teams that would foreseeably look at him. 

Especially in run blocking.

44 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Favorite is the favorite 

Certainly, Cleveland ought to be interested from a need standpoint but I think it is unlikely as Cook would probably want to be the primary back for a new team (or at least get a large percentage of the team's carries), and he's unlikely to get that sort of opportunity with Chubb on the roster. Fwiw, I also haven't seen any buzz about this pairing at all from Cook's side or Cleveland's.

Cleveland does not need a RB at all. The reason they let Hunt walk is because they love Jerome Ford. They also have Felton, who is a very intriguing 3rd down back. Pay no attention to brownieman. He expects us to sign everyone. RB is as much of a need as a hole in my head. We’re beyond good there. 

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I think he’s going to follow the money - getting cut at 27 at his position has to be a reminder that these paydays are going to get smaller and smaller going forward, so anyone willing to throw as much money as possible at him will get him. 

Is there a team that would actually give him a ton of money though?  Who has the cap space to pay him, the need for a running back, and happens to also have a front office willing to pay big for a running back?  I have to think it's a short list.

12 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Is there a team that would actually give him a ton of money though?  Who has the cap space to pay him, the need for a running back, and happens to also have a front office willing to pay big for a running back?  I have to think it's a short list.

This is why I'm thinking Dallas if he doesn't end up in Miami. They'd probably be the team that would offer him the most money.