Is KC vs CIN the best rivalry in the NFL?

SmittyBacall

34 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Not always disliked. Just the last few years because....well because of posts like yours.

They've accomplished nothing, yet are media darlings and overrated every year. It's annoying. I said after the Bengals destroyed them that if ANYONE says it's any team other than the Chiefs/Bengals in the AFC right now, I'd have an issue with it. Same would go for the Dolphins, Jets, Broncos (unlikely to be as hyped this year), Chargers, etc.

Yes they've beaten the Chiefs in the regular season, cool. The Bengals are also 2-0 against the Chiefs in the last two regular season games. For an extreme example, go ask a Niners fan if they'd rather have their 8 straight regular season wins over the Rams or trade those for the NFCCG.

There always seems to be something to excuse why the Bills don't get the job done in the playoffs. Time to just accept the fact that the Chiefs and Bengals are a tier above until the Bills actually beat  one of them in the playoffs. Oh and those match ups?

Only one was close, and their number one defense gave up 42 points

The Chiefs have made 3 of the last 4 Super Bowls, winning 2 of them. Quite frankly, no other AFC team is on the Chiefs level as of now.

Bengals and Bills are equally our rivals because they both have talent, and both are capable of beating us. However, neither are on the Chiefs level in terms of success or hardware

• Like 4

On 6/30/2023 at 2:09 PM, The BILLievers said:

I don't get how they're overrated when they have the 2nd best record in the NFL over the last 3 years. Chiefs 40-10, Bills 37-12, Packers 34-16. I'm so sorry that 13 seconds game 2 years ago and last years Bengals game has turned you off so much but at the end of the day the Bengals have 0 super bowls in the last 3 years and the Bills have 0 super bowls in the last 3 years. Overrated is a team like the Chargers or Dolphins where they've never really proved anything but their roster on paper gives them more credibility. 

Have the Bills won the SB? No. But they've won the AFC East the past 3 years and have never been one and done in the playoffs the last 3 years.

I accept the Chiefs are on a tier of their own but not the Bengals. 

I agree with the Chiefs being in a tier on their own....but that means the Bengals are in a tier of their own above the Bills too.

A. The Bengals not only beat the Chiefs, but are 1-1 against them in the AFCCG, having won and lost a game by a FG. Both games were insanely close. The Bills are 0-2 against the Chiefs in the playoffs

B. The Bengals obliterated the Bills, on the road, in the playoffs last year. 27-10 is actually a closer score than that game was.

This take is so disrespectful to the Bengals it's crazy. And to add insult to injury, one week after the Bills lost the coin toss in OT and the football cried because the darling Bills weren't given a "fair shot" because they had to play defense in overtime, the Bengals were put in the exact same situation and won. You just can't make this stuff up.

The Bills are a good team. They are also, clearly, the third best team in the AFC right now. The AFC is good....so that's great. They're a really good team. But they aren't as good as the Bengals, and that's been shown each of the past two seasons.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

I agree with the Chiefs being in a tier on their own....but that means the Bengals are in a tier of their own above the Bills too.

A. The Bengals not only beat the Chiefs, but are 1-1 against them in the AFCCG, having won and lost a game by a FG. Both games were insanely close. The Bills are 0-2 against the Chiefs in the playoffs

B. The Bengals obliterated the Bills, on the road, in the playoffs last year. 27-10 is actually a closer score than that game was.

This take is so disrespectful to the Bengals it's crazy. And to add insult to injury, one week after the Bills lost the coin toss in OT and the football cried because the darling Bills weren't given a "fair shot" because they had to play defense in overtime, the Bengals were put in the exact same situation and won. You just can't make this stuff up.

The Bills are a good team. They are also, clearly, the third best team in the AFC right now. The AFC is good....so that's great. They're a really good team. But they aren't as good as the Bengals, and that's been shown each of the past two seasons.

Yeah. On paper the Bengals and Bills are interchangeable in rankings but on the field in the playoffs there has been an obvious leader among these teams.

Could change in a heartbeat (Bills win it all this year) but currently the Bengals have to be ahead of them.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bengals-Chiefs could be a more intense rivalry with a divisional realignment that moves the Steelers to the AFC East, the Chiefs and Colts to the AFC North, the Dolphins and Panthers to the AFC South, the Texans to the AFC West, the Ravens to the NFC East and the Cowboys to the NFC South.

This would mean two Bengals-Chiefs games a year. We would no longer have to count on the standings to ensure yearly meetings between them.

Also, the only reason the Bills lost last year was because they lost to Kirk Cousins earlier in the season. If he gets a career-ending injury this preseason, it would increase the Super Bowl appearance odds significantly of all the teams the Vikings are set to play this season. Because every team that lost to him has failed to reach the Super Bowl and with him out of the picture, he can't curse teams who lose to him.

Edited by pf9

3 minutes ago, pf9 said:

Bengals-Chiefs could be a more intense rivalry with a divisional realignment that moves the Steelers to the AFC East, the Chiefs and Colts to the AFC North, the Dolphins and Panthers to the AFC South, the Texans to the AFC West, the Ravens to the NFC East and the Cowboys to the NFC South.

This would mean two Bengals-Chiefs games a year. We would no longer have to count on the standings to ensure yearly meetings between them.

How ‘bout….no?

I don’t understand your fascination with moving the divisions all around. 

16 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

How ‘bout….no?

I don’t understand your fascination with moving the divisions all around. 

MLB has geographically accurate divisions relative to their names so the NFL should too

12 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

As a pats fan it’s the best rivalry I enjoy seeing at the moment 

Yea I mean I guess if people are hung up on the term rivalry, we can use another. There's no better match up on the docket this year than when these two play

• Like 1