Which QB from the 2022 NFL Draft Will Have the Best Season?! Poll

brownie man

Which QB from the 2022 NFL Draft Will Have the Best Season?!   

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB will have the best 2023

• QB Desmond Ridder Atlanta
    • QB Kenny Pickett Pittsburgh
    • QB Sam Howell Washington
    • QB Brock Purdy San Fransisco
    • Other - Please list

8 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

He hates Baker a whole lot more than Ridder fwiw

Dude. what is your deal? I feel like you hate Howell more than I like the guy. And that's a lot.

I'm hoping it's Ridder.

I don't hate Howell. I just remember seeing him play against GT multiple times and he has a lot of flaws in his game.

9 hours ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

1. Brock Purdy, by far:  Best coaching, lowest degree of difficulty.  Has done everything asked of him.

2. Kenny Picket:  Good coaching, vastly improved support, mixed bag so far.  Long drop down to:

3. Desmond Ridder:  Decent targets and fine ground game.  Great run blocking, poor pass protection.

4. Sam Howell:  Hasn't impressed yet.  Running team with tough defense.  Franchise uses GoDaddy.

PFF Pass protection grades when Mariota was QB last year: 67.2 (which is above average)

PFF Pass protection grades when Ridder was QB last year: 76.4 (which is good)

Pass pro wasn't really an issue last year. 

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Who's the last NFL QB to come back from Tommy John and not miss a beat? Honestly curious?

That said it should be assuming health Purdy with that surrounding cast and schedule. Then Pickett,  Riddell, Howell.

FWIW, who's the last NFL QB to have Tommy John outside of Purdy? Jake Delhomme?

Edited by scar988

24 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Who's the last NFL QB to come back from Tommy John and not miss a beat? Honestly curious?

That said it should be assuming health Purdy with that surrounding cast and schedule. Then Pickett,  Riddell, Howell.

Me picking Purdy has less to do with how good I think he'll be and more to do with not thinking much of the other QBs.  Plus, the offensive system will help him out.  He may not have the best numbers of the QBs, but that doesn't mean he won't be the best QB.

Pickett I think might be an OK QB in 2023.  Don't love him, but I don't think he's gonna be worse than the 22 version.  Ridder, eh.  He's gonna be in a running offense, so he might pile on the rushing yards, but I don't think there's anything from last year that actually makes me think he's ahead of Pickett.  The Howell, I don't know what people saw in his one start to make them think he's anything other than the fifth round prospect he was when he was drafted.  I honestly don't know why he's even on the list.

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Me picking Purdy has less to do with how good I think he'll be and more to do with not thinking much of the other QBs.  Plus, the offensive system will help him out.  He may not have the best numbers of the QBs, but that doesn't mean he won't be the best QB.

Pickett I think might be an OK QB in 2023.  Don't love him, but I don't think he's gonna be worse than the 22 version.  Ridder, eh.  He's gonna be in a running offense, so he might pile on the rushing yards, but I don't think there's anything from last year that actually makes me think he's ahead of Pickett.  The Howell, I don't know what people saw in his one start to make them think he's anything other than the fifth round prospect he was when he was drafted.  I honestly don't know why he's even on the list.

Thing with Ridder is Atlanta is basically trying to be SF East on this one. 

McCaffrey role - Bijan

Kittle role - Pitts

Aiyuk role + - London

Poor man's Samuel - CP84

And yes, they'll run a lot, but they'll also run a lot of play actions off those runs and try and get big plays to the seams with London and Pitts.

6 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Thing with Ridder is Atlanta is basically trying to be SF East on this one. 

McCaffrey role - Bijan

Kittle role - Pitts

Aiyuk role + - London

Poor man's Samuel - CP84

And yes, they'll run a lot, but they'll also run a lot of play actions off those runs and try and get big plays to the seams with London and Pitts.

It's Arthur Smith, so I think he's more trying to be 2019-2020 Titans Slightly-Further-South.

Ridder may well have the best numbers of the group in a lot of categories, but I don't think he's likely to be the best QB.  And like I said, I see noting that tells me he'll be better than either Pickett or Purdy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scar988 said:

FWIW, who's the last NFL QB to have Tommy John outside of Purdy? Jake Delhomme?

Kinda my point. This assumption people are making he will be the same or even better 8-10 months removed is odd to me. 

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

It's Arthur Smith, so I think he's more trying to be 2019-2020 Titans Slightly-Further-South.

Ridder may well have the best numbers of the group in a lot of categories, but I don't think he's likely to be the best QB.  And like I said, I see noting that tells me he'll be better than either Pickett or Purdy.

Meh, idk about that. Falcons have much different personnel than his 19-20 Titans do. He also tends to adjust the offense for the personnel, which is great to see. I have a thread about the flashes I saw from Ridder in the Falcons forum, if you're interested in venturing down that far.

25 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Kinda my point. This assumption people are making he will be the same or even better 8-10 months removed is odd to me. 

I completely agree with you. Delhomme did come back 8 months later, but he had a lot less zip on the ball. It's tough because there's not a lot of data for NFL Tommy Johns.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

He didn't have Tommy John. He had surgery on his UCL, but not Tommy John. 

But the answer to your question is Jake Delhomme. Tommy John surgery is a fairly rare surgery that has only been done on a QB a few times. Delhomme had surgery in october of 2007, I believe, and was playing in the preseason in 2008, I believe. He played all 16 games. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

He didn't have Tommy John. He had surgery on his UCL, but not Tommy John. 

But the answer to your question is Jake Delhomme. Tommy John surgery is a fairly rare surgery that has only been done on a QB a few times. Delhomme had surgery in october of 2007, I believe, and was playing in the preseason in 2008, I believe. He played all 16 games. 

He did play all 16 games, but he was missing notable zip on his ball that he had before. 

Purdy had what procedure then? Internal Brace?