Who will win the NFC East in 2023?

notthatbluestuff

Who will win the NFC East in 2023?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the NFC East in 2023?

• Dallas Cowboys
    • New York Giants
    • Philadelphia Eagles
    • Washington Commanders

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/06/2023 at 11:00 PM

On 6/29/2023 at 5:46 PM, BetterCallSaul said:

It will be very similar to last year at the top. Philly in the lead, but Dallas nipping at their heels. 

I do think WASHINGTON could make a climb to relevancy, where NYG could take a step back after their shocking ascension. 

Who suffers from coaching staff changes more: Philly or Dallas?

5 minutes ago, Soko said:

I’ll guess NYG.

Not because they’re the best team, but because that division is notoriously hard to predict and seldom has repeat winners.

This is a tough division to predict. Wouldn’t surprise me if any teams won it.  Cowboys got a lot of talent , could be their time and I think they take it 

Eagles losing OC and DC definitely hurts. It’s Sirianni 1st time having his assts hired to other teams. He’s a young coach as well could be a x and o adjustment. Shane Steichen will be missed. He has been a terrific coordinator 

I'm buying on Brian Daboll in NYG. They're not quite in position to beat Philly yet, but they'll be in the mix to challenge for a WC spot. I'd say Dallas regresses and Washington is out of the conversation until they improve at HC - Ron Rivera isn't the right guy for this young and athletic roster.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2023 at 8:00 AM, BetterCallSaul said:

I think both will be fine. Maybe Philly because they lost more important pieces, but I don’t think either coaching staff was significantly downgraded. 

Losing Steichen is more impactful than losing Gannon. Desai is a good replacement for him. 

Brian Johnson hopefully can do well having been in this system for a couple seasons and also having known Jalen Hurts for a long time.

I still think Philly wins it.  But I also really like Dallas to take the top wild card spot.  Philly and Dallas very well could be the two best teams in the NFC this season.  And as much as I make fun of some of the things that McCarthy says, I think he is a very good football coach.  

It's a tough call, but I think it's a 3 team race between Philly, Dallas & Washington.

I do not think the Giants are near as good, as the love they are getting from the media. Brian Daboll barely makes the Playoffs on a 9-7-1 record. 

Could he be a very good coach? Absolutely.

But to say it's a 3-team race between Dallas, Philly & the Giants ( leaving Washington out) is absurd. Specially, considering Washington's unstable position at the QB position. 

Remember the good Playoff year in 2016 by the Giants when they went 11-5? Who was their Coach?

Ben McAdoo

He was fired after his 2 season as coach.

So let's hold the reigns a little on the Giants. I think their the least talented team in the East & wouldn't be surprised if they couldn't win 6 games this year.

I think Washington is the most talented team in the East, who has had the worst QB situation. Not just in the East, but arguably the whole NFL. I think this has also played into Coach Rivera's mediocre seasons. 

I think Dallas & Philly have very good talent. Both teams are playoff caliber teams of talent.

Neither should win less than 10 games.

If Sam Howell is good? (Plus the O-line doesn't suck?)

Washington will take both of them down. I have no doubt about it.

So what am I really saying?

I'm saying if Sam Howell is the real deal?

Washington wins 13+ games minimum.

If he's not?

We're looking at another 7-9-1, 8-8-1, or 9-8 type of season.

I don't think they win less than 7 games, however. Even if Howell isn't any good, because Jacoby Brissett can probably play well enough to win a few as the backup. (And the talent around him)

Edited by aceinthehouse
  • Like 1

@aceinthehouse Rivera has had a winning record (3) in 25% of his seasons. McCarthy and Sirianni need one more winning record to match that with their current team.

Let’s ignore the quarterback position, what units on the Commanders match up with the Eagles or Cowboys? Just DL? So you expect big jumps from your current roster. What has Rivera shown recently that we should expect that?

On 7/4/2023 at 10:08 AM, aceinthehouse said:

I think Washington is the most talented team in the East, who has had the worst QB situation. Not just in the East, but arguably the whole NFL.

Let's not talk whole NFL, let's just focus on the NFL East. Please elaborate as how the Commanders are more "talented" than the Eagles or Cowbows? 
Both Eagles and Cowboys have better a QB, better RB, better WRs (could argue DAL vs WAS but PHI is a notch above both anyway), better TE (for PHI at least), better OL...
So, the whole Eagles' offense is better, no doubt about it. And at least 3 units/5 for the Cowboys being better, with the other 2 being roughly equal. 
I think WAS have the best d-line of the bunch, although both DAL & PHI have it pretty good there as well. 
LB and Secondary I would give the edge to both Eagles and Cowboys as well. 
Same for coaching. 

So how are the Commanders more "talented" than those other two teams if they have a worse offense and a worse defense, with an inferior coaching staff to boot? 
Is Carson Wentz secretly returning to break the NFL passing yardage record along with Darrius Guice who will rush for over 2000? That's the only thing that would save your team 😛

• Like 1