The greatest that never; your franchise

Kiwibrown

On 7/11/2023 at 11:00 PM, malak1 said:

Patrick Mahomes, because Ryan Pace is a moron. 

I know I’m not responding to the spirit of the question being asked.

He thought Mitch Trubisky was a lot better than Mahomes, who Pace didn't even consider drafting.

13 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

Bob Sanders would’ve had an amazing resume if his body held up. He was all over the place when healthy.

Great SS, but his problem was hitting as hard as he could on every opportunity, like he was a member of the show "Jackass". Injuries was the result.

For my team Shawne Merriman… man… At one point he was making the whole league questing why Demarcus Ware got selected first. An injury, and Tila Tequila later, our franchise pass rusher was gone. 

In the whole league the first name that pops in my brain is Jahvid Best. Just so electric in college and then the head trauma cut his NFL off before it ever even flashed my expectations. 

• Like 1

On 7/12/2023 at 3:54 PM, TitanSlim said:

After his first two seasons, I was convinced that Marcus Mariota was on his way to being a bonafide top 10 QB in the league, at worse. He was so good with still so much room to grow. Who knew when he broke his leg in week 16 of his second season, that would end up being the peak of his NFL career. 😢

I feel that. My little brother was a MASSIVE Mariota fan, and this was before we had even SNIFFED living in Tennessee. The Titans were the most random team in the NFL and my little brother was a huge fan. I remember that crazy running play in his rookie season, and then just how crazy good he was in the red zone. He, Derek Carr, and Matt Ryan inexplicably owned the NFL that season. 

But yeah, he had the leg injury, and then the elbow and nerve damage to his throwing arm. Constant injuries. 

• Like 1

TBB-0480008-H.jpg

ppl forget just how good of a rookie season Michael Clayton had for us - 80 catches 1193 yards leading all rookie WRs in 2004

only to never be seen again

ghows-DA-6ceb51bc-9193-4b9e-b277-1f1d232

Cadillac... oh Cadillac Williams, what could have been if it weren't for injuries and Gruden running him into the ground

Edited by BucsDraftGeek47

On 7/11/2023 at 9:36 AM, vegas492 said:

Packers.

Sterling Sharpe:  Cut short in his prime.  What a shame.  Just an excellent, physical receiver.  And he could run by yah, too.

Nick Collins:  Coming on as THE safety in the league to fear.  Freakish neck injury took him out on a really goofy play.  Cut down right as he was entering his prime.

Terrence Murphy.  The first of the second round WR's drafted by Ted Thompson.  High hopes for him.  Neck injury early in his rookie season took his career.

Jonathan Franklin.  The "other" RB that GB picked in 2013.  (Lacy)  Franklin was looking very, very good and then the knee went and the career was done.

I'll add Javon Walker and Jermichael Finley

• Like 1

On 7/13/2023 at 2:53 AM, Leoric said:

For my team Shawne Merriman… man… At one point he was making the whole league questing why Demarcus Ware got selected first. An injury, and Tila Tequila later, our franchise pass rusher was gone.

Well...and not being able to keep up with his steroid regimen

11 minutes ago, DannyB said:

I'll add Javon Walker and Jermichael Finley

I added Finley later.

Walker did have the injury that took a lot from him, but since he left GB and still had a 1,000 yard season, I didn't include him.  

Can't blame you for doing so, though.  Kid was coming into his own when that knee shredded.

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I added Finley later.

Walker did have the injury that took a lot from him, but since he left GB and still had a 1,000 yard season, I didn't include him.  

Can't blame you for doing so, though.  Kid was coming into his own when that knee shredded.

I don't think it's the knee that ended a promising career prematurely, I think it was his teammate and friend getting murdered in cold blood right in front of him and having him die in his arms

On 7/12/2023 at 7:40 AM, vegas492 said:

Packers.  Thought of another one.

Jermichael Finley, TE.  Ripped up his knee badly just as he was entering his Prime.  He was a matchup nightmare.  Very tall, very quick and very good hands.  Also, kind of a moron.  But, that knee shredded.  He played for a year or two afterwards, but never had the same quickness or explosion.  Career was done.

He came back from the knee, it was the neck injury that did him in just like Franklin.

Damn, Packers have bad luck with neck injuries now that I see it all laid out.