Starter competitions for each team

Mr.UFO

2 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Like half of these guys would legitimately compete for the #2 spot on the Titans.

That's if the Titans don't sign DeAndre Hopkins. So far, Tennessee and New England are the only two bimbo women that Hopkins has handed a rose to.

20 hours ago, Mr.UFO said:

Buccaneers: Is there a chance that Cody Mauch (rookie from NDSU) starts at guard as the replacement for Shaq Mason?

Unless Mauch completely falls on his face in training camp, he's already penciled in as a starter at RG

as @sryan66611 mentioned earlier, I also believe that Mauch has a chance to push Goedeke to start at RT, if he comes out the gate strong

14 hours ago, Mr.UFO said:

Really? I read once that Ben Cleveland was really good. It was on the internet, so it must be true. 😆 The purple and black also signed former Bear C/G Sam Mustipher, but he's more of a center than guard.

Yes I assumed Mustipher was brought in as backup C. 

On 7/13/2023 at 2:19 PM, Trojan said:

The Giants top 7 WR is a neat list of names to guess who is the starters
Isaiah Hodgins
Darius Slayton
Wandale Robinson
Jalin Hyatt
Parris Campbell
Jamison Crowder
Sterling Sheppard

Health is a big issue for most of them, but I think you could argue points for each being top 3 (like on their team fighting for a top 3 starter spot, not NFL top 3 lol) at something in their group.

It’s like they have 7 high end #3 WR’s. 

7 hours ago, RedGold said:

We don't really play 3 LB's enough for Tranquil / Chenal to be that interesting.   I guess;

Tranquil vs Willie Gay   could be interesting.   I imagine it will be package specific though.

Nnadi vs Coburn.

Joshua Williams vs Jaylen Watson

Rashee Rice vs Skyy Moore

Are more intriguing to me,  but again most will have roles in specific packages.  

This sums up KC pretty well. I'd also add Donovan Smith vs Prince Tega Wanogho at LT. It looks likes it's Smith's job to lose. But PTW has been with us for a few years now and he has improved enough for a legit shot imo.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

This sums up KC pretty well. I'd also add Donovan Smith vs Prince Tega Wanogho at LT. It looks likes it's Smith's job to lose. But PTW has been with us for a few years now and he has improved enough for a legit shot imo.

so there's no chance Jawaan Taylor switches to LT after getting LT money?

Jawaan Taylor / Donovan Smith
Thuney
Humphrey
Smith
Lucas Niang

is what I was told was the likely lineup, but this posted quoted doesn't seem to think that's an option. Like Jawaan is locked into RT and Niang has no spot? I know Jawaan Taylor has always been a RT, but I thought he was supposed to flip sides going to KC.

11 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Rams EDGE rushers will be Michael Hoecht and Byron Young...good competition will be at two of the DL spots, CB, LT and G spots

I think you guys got very lucky with Ochaun Mathis. I am willing to bet he ends up seeing the majority of the starting reps by seasons end. He’s a freakin monstrous ball of clay. 

53 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I think LT vs RT is overrated in today's NFL. The DL on most teams move around for mismatches. The Chiefs put out their best 5 players on OL and then put players where they play best. To me, that's Smith/PTW-Thuney-Humprhey-Smith-Taylor. It'll come down to how much of Smith's decline was due to his health and if he's recovered.

I think Taylor was penciled in at LT until Smith was signed. But pre-Smith signing, I still think Taylor would've competed with PTW to see where they all would've played; would our best 5 have been better with PTW/Taylor or Taylor/Niang? Again, it'd come down to the 5 best and then deciding how they line up -- and the 3 IOL are set. Niang will likely still be the swing OT with Smith/PTW starting at LT imo. I think we'll keep 9 OL with the 5 starters plus Allegretti, Niang, Smith/PTW, and Morris. Kinnard would be my 10th man if we keep one more.

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

Jawaan Taylor / Donovan Smith
Thuney
Humphrey
Smith
Lucas Niang

is what I was told was the likely lineup, but this posted quoted doesn't seem to think that's an option. Like Jawaan is locked into RT and Niang has no spot? I know Jawaan Taylor has always been a RT, but I thought he was supposed to flip sides going to KC.

I think LT: Smith , RT: Taylor.   Is the easy bet.    I don’t think we’re concerned about money factored in.    It’s possible Taylor makes a flip after this year.  
It could be because I always thought Niang was a bit overrated,  but drafting an OT 2nd day,  and signing 2 Vets… doesn’t really give me the thoughts this coaching staff has much belief in him. 

Edited by RedGold

Most wide open competition for the Colts is CB 

Kenny Moore at slot and/or CB 1

Juju Brents(R), Darius Rush (R), / Dallis Flowers, Tony Brown, Jaylon Jones (R), Kevin Tolliver, Darrell Baker Jr and Marcel Dabo

Letting Brandon Facyson walk (no loss tbh) in FA and trading Stephon Gilmore before finding out about Rodgers suspension really gutted the secondary 

On 7/13/2023 at 12:02 AM, Mr.UFO said:

Packers
OT: Zach Tom vs Yosh Nijman

This is probably the "best" position battle.  Yosh is a starting caliber tackle (right or left) in this league.  I am actually kind of surprised that someone didn't poach him for his second round tender in FA.  Zach Tom played very well at multiple spots as a rookie, and he has apparently gained the strength and weight that were his only downsides as a rookie.  Tom is a future starter for the Packers, not sure which spot on the line.  Whichever of the two wins, the Packers should have a very, very good 6th OL.  Perhaps Yosh would be available if Tom wins that spot.  Rasheed Walker looked really, really good last preseason, despite practicing like once before the final game.

That said, I believe the position battle to keep the closest eye on is actually the safety spot.  Darnell Savage will be on the team, his contract is almost un-moveable, there is a ~8 million dollar cap hit, but he was benched last season, and there is no guarantee that he starts.  Dallin Leavitt is one of Rich Bisaccia's guys, probably pencil him in for the roster, but it is very unlikely that he plays any safety.  The rest of the bunch that are in camp:  Rudy Ford, Innis Gaines, Anthony Johnson Jr, Tarvarius Moore, Jonathan Owens, and Benny Sapp III; could all start or end up off the team.  None of them cost more than 1.5 million (Ford) or have more than a 50k dead cap (Ford and Moore).  I would venture a guess that Savage (contract) and Johnson (draft pick) are pretty safe to make the team.  But I don't think that either starting spot is even close to being settled at this point.