The Giants top 7 WR is a neat list of names to guess who is the starters
Isaiah Hodgins
Darius Slayton
Wandale Robinson
Jalin Hyatt
Parris Campbell
Jamison Crowder
Sterling Sheppard

Health is a big issue for most of them, but I think you could argue points for each being top 3 (like on their team fighting for a top 3 starter spot, not NFL top 3 lol) at something in their group.

Looking at the Falcons roster, the main competitions I'd highlight would be:

WR2 - Hollins vs. Miller, loser is WR3

LG - Bergeron vs. Hennessy

The DL is rotating a ton, but the top 3 spots of the rotation go between Jarrett, Campbell and whoever wins between Onyemata and Ta'Quon Graham.

EDGEs are all in flux with the top 2 of Dupree, Carter, Ebiketie and Malone

There's no battle at ILBs (Andersen and Elliss) or QB (Ridder)

CB has battle with Hughes vs. Alford vs. Okudah vs. Phillips vs. etc for the CB2 and nickel roles

PR has a battle going on too.

I sincerely think Scott Quessenberry is the starter in namesake only - the intention was that Quessenberry was to be a backup last season, but then Justin Britt abruptly retired (as in… the middle of the 2nd quarter of Week 1 last season).

So Justin Britt is the Antonio Brown of offensive lineman. 😁

Buccaneers: Is there a chance that Cody Mauch (rookie from NDSU) starts at guard as the replacement for Shaq Mason?

Edited by Mr.UFO
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mr.UFO said:

I sincerely think Scott Quessenberry is the starter in namesake only - the intention was that Quessenberry was to be a backup last season, but then Justin Britt abruptly retired (as in… the middle of the 2nd quarter of Week 1 last season).

So Justin Britt is the Antonio Brown of offensive lineman. 😁

Remember Vontae Davis? The CB, played for Miami I think and just retired at halftime of a game against the Bills? Think that, but didn't even make it to halftime... he just walked off the field after a drive, said to himself "yeah, I'm done" and never came back.

No formal team notice, he just left.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mr.UFO said:

Ravens
ELB: Tyus Bowser vs David Ojabo

I don't really see this as a competition since both these players will see tons of snaps. Also both could start. 

LG is the main position battle, with Ben Cleveland, John Simpson, Aumavae-Laulu, and Pat Mekari and others vying. 

I'd say nickel CB is another main battle, because after Humphries and Ya-Sin there are a bunch of unproven players. Hamilton will be used in the slot some but the 3r CB position is open IMO. Ravens might sign a vet to fill this during camp. 

5 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

LG is the main position battle, with Ben Cleveland, John Simpson, Aumavae-Laulu, and Pat Mekari and others vying.

Really? I read once that Ben Cleveland was really good. It was on the internet, so it must be true. 😆 The purple and black also signed former Bear C/G Sam Mustipher, but he's more of a center than guard.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2023 at 3:10 AM, Louis Friend said:

Does Jack Campbell start? If so, does he replace Rodriguez or Anzalone?

Linebacker is the only position for the Lions that will feature an actual battle rather than depending on health. Campbell, Anzalone, Rodriguez and Derrick Barnes will all play but any two of those four could get "starter" designation and playing time.

Edited by Superduperman

I guess technically Howell vs Brissett is supposed to be one.

I haven't heard much about Cody Barton vs Khaleke Hudson being one, because I didn't think they played the same position. 

Chris Paul vs. Saadiq Charles for the LG spot. 

20 hours ago, Trojan said:

The Giants top 7 WR is a neat list of names to guess who is the starters
Isaiah Hodgins
Darius Slayton
Wandale Robinson
Jalin Hyatt
Parris Campbell
Jamison Crowder
Sterling Sheppard

Health is a big issue for most of them, but I think you could argue points for each being top 3 (like on their team fighting for a top 3 starter spot, not NFL top 3 lol) at something in their group.

Like half of these guys would legitimately compete for the #2 spot on the Titans.

• Like 1

We don't really play 3 LB's enough for Tranquil / Chenal to be that interesting.   I guess;

Tranquil vs Willie Gay   could be interesting.   I imagine it will be package specific though.

Nnadi vs Coburn.

Joshua Williams vs Jaylen Watson

Rashee Rice vs Skyy Moore

Are more intriguing to me,  but again most will have roles in specific packages.  

Edited by RedGold
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I haven't heard much about Cody Barton vs Khaleke Hudson being one, because I didn't think they played the same position.

Isn't the Commanders defense a 4-2 with three safeties (like the Lions)? Or has that been scrapped after losing Bobby McCain in free agency?