We STILL have to fire Hue Jackson

hornbybrown

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Hue was able to be a shtbag and got away with it, got visionary fired in the process (I still love you Sashi).

I wish him all the luck in the world next season, but I expect nothing less than success and wins.

I would feel a lot more confident if Sashi were still on board.

I want lots of wins.

No meh 7-8.

Although I would much prefer he were gone.

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

After 4 wins in 3 seasons, 7-9 sounds magnificent.

The years of defeat and disappointment have conditioned you to settle for less.

I want to be one of those teams that go from 4-12 to 12-4, or in our case from 0 and effing 16 to 10-6.

And that will not happen with Huebris, aka Hueball, aka Magic Jackson, aka the scum of the earth.

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

The years of defeat and disappointment have conditioned you to settle for less.

I want to be one of those teams that go from 4-12 to 12-4, or in our case from 0 and effing 16 to 10-6.

And that will not happen with Huebris, aka Hueball, aka Magic Jackson, aka the scum of the earth.

Maybe.

I need someone to root for though or it’s time to find something more productive to do with my Sundays. I have two kids under 13 and I can’t justify 3 plus hours per week on 4-44. 

Haslam needs to put up or shut up at this point.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I need someone to root for though or it’s time to find something more productive to do with my Sundays.

When I took my first job in DC I did laundry and ironed shirts while following the games so that I could look at Sunday as a productive day. :)

We can all agree Hue should be gone. No debate needed there. What is infuriating is the fact that his obvious need to leave is probably not even on the horizon. We could add lots of talent this off-season, go 4-12, and Jimmy may think Hue did a great job. I mean, what is his realistic 2018 expectation if 0-16 didn’t do the job? If that doesn’t put a guy on the hot seat, I highly doubt another failure but improved season does the job. It will almost take another 0-2 win season. 

34 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah, Jimmy seemed to think Hue had an 0-16 roster and Hue did great things just to lead them to that.

Anyone else need proof he’s an idiot?

There was already plenty of proof for me when he tried to screw his customers in Pilot J.   The NFL should have forced him to sell the team.

Hue’s performance definitely warrants losing his job.  1-31 is inexcusable.

Firing him would make us all feel better in the short term.  The reality of getting any credible candidate to take the job and assemble a staff would quickly set in.

Nobody wants to suffer through that.  Even with 4 picks in the top 35 and a ton of cap space - this team is still going to be one of the youngest in the NFL next year.

I look at the next 1-2 years as very similar to what Jacksonville experienced with Gus Bradley.  Ownership allowed him to go 14-48 across almost 4 seasons.  All the while they acquired lots of top end talent through the draft and free agency.

The team suffered it’s growing pains under Bradley and ownership stuck with him until they realized he was not the guy they were going to win with.

I am confident Dorsey will tell Haslam after the draft and free agency that he has put together a much better roster and the team should win more - 5 to 9 wins.

If Hue is as bad a coach as we believe - this is his last shot.  If the team goes 3-13 - he is gone and we have another top 5 pick.

As much as it sucks - Hue is the right guy to drive the bus in 2018.  Let the growing pains and talent acquisition continue.

I have feeling hues just a fall guy for now let these guys grow and I think Dorsey’s going to have a huge say in the OC. Incase he does have to make a move midway through the season. And idk how true this is but I travel a lot for work especially to Cincinnati and on their sports talk radio they said McCarron is pushing to get URFA and his agent is making it know he wants to be with Hue. That talk after the bengals game was a hey we’re coming to get you after this season hush hush thing. 

11 hours ago, NateDawg said:

We can all agree Hue should be gone. No debate needed there. What is infuriating is the fact that his obvious need to leave is probably not even on the horizon. We could add lots of talent this off-season, go 4-12, and Jimmy may think Hue did a great job. I mean, what is his realistic 2018 expectation if 0-16 didn’t do the job? If that doesn’t put a guy on the hot seat, I highly doubt another failure but improved season does the job. It will almost take another 0-2 win season. 

Anything less than 7-9 next year and Hue should be gone (well, he should be gone this year, but alas...) - no one should be able to survive that cumulative record over a 3 year span without showing a big leap in improvement.

11 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

Anything less than 7-9 next year and Hue should be gone (well, he should be gone this year, but alas...) - no one should be able to survive that cumulative record over a 3 year span without showing a big leap in improvement.

If we’re starting a vet, perhaps, but I can’t expect 7 wins with a rookie qb just because I want the coach gone.

25 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Welp Hue just said in a presser that Dorsey will not be hiring the OC. IF he decides to hire one it’ll be himself doing the hiring. IF IF IF IF IF freaking hades. 

Here comes a puppet  O.o

Welp, looks like another browns vacation next year

Archived