Saints RB Alvin Kamara suspended 3 games

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Would the game checks come out of the $4mil restructure and $3mil signing bonus applied to 2023 or just the $1.08mil base salary? Hmm. This feels...familiar.

This year's 1.1M salary alone.    TB12 / Watson maneuvers for sure.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Dome said:

The case concluded like a week ago

its not uncommon for the NFL to take a backseat while the court case plays out 

In all fairness, it’s not uncommon for them to jump to a conclusion/suspension based off of headlines and public outcry either, lol.

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. 

I’m cool with waiting, however something like this was pretty straight forward so if they wanted to go the faster route, that’d have been cool with me too. 

18 minutes ago, Dome said:

I’ve also seen plenty of instances where they suspend preemptively for various reasons and offenses, criminal or otherwise.

1 hour ago, Dome said:

1 hour ago, Soko said:

In all fairness, it’s not uncommon for them to jump to a conclusion/suspension based off of headlines and public outcry either, lol.

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. 

I’m cool with waiting, however something like this was pretty straight forward so if they wanted to go the faster route, that’d have been cool with me too. 

53 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I’ve also seen plenty of instances where they suspend preemptively for various reasons and offenses, criminal or otherwise.

They’ve put players on Commissioner Exempt lists before - Micheal Vick and Adrian Peterson are the most famous examples.  But the league hasn’t issued final judgments on actual suspensions when there’s a felony involved.   The league has waited to let those play out.   The big diff is that players on the Exempt list still get paid.   Obv not with suspensions.  

Kamara could have been placed on the Exempt list last year - it’s worth noting he still would have been paid and been allowed to attend team facilities / get treatment.      But the league hasnt ever issued the actual suspension until after the courts have decided IIRC (or pled down like here). 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Kamara could have been placed on the Exempt list last year - it’s worth noting he still would have been paid and been allowed to attend team facilities / get treatment.      But the league hasnt ever issued the actual suspension until after the courts have decided IIRC (or pled down like here). 

Kamara was essentially claiming self defense or at the very least the guy goaded him into a fight.

with this case in particular, you really want all the info before you make a big decision about someone’s career 

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

They’ve put players on Commissioner Exempt lists before - Micheal Vick and Adrian Peterson are the most famous examples.  But the league hasn’t issued final judgments on actual suspensions when there’s a felony involved.   The league has waited to let those play out.   The big diff is that players on the Exempt list still get paid.   Obv not with suspensions.  

Yeah I guess. But you’re talking about animal and child abuse vs a fight where the guy who got beat up was the initial aggressor.

I can see why the NFL didn’t do anything until court played out.

Kamara almost had everything dropped, then the NFL essentially suspended a guy for what was deemed legal self defense. Bad look IMO 

Edited by Dome

2 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Suspend him the whole season so I can watch Kendre Miller blossom

Tell us you drafted Kendre Miller too high in your fantasy draft without telling us you drafted Kendre Miller too high in your fantasy draft.

Also will accept (😠😡😤) Kendre Miller szn

• Like 1