Saints RB Alvin Kamara suspended 3 games

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, Dome said:

Kamara was essentially claiming self defense or at the very least the guy goaded him into a fight.

with this case in particular, you really want all the info before you make a big decision about someone’s career 

Yeah I guess. But you’re talking about animal and child abuse vs a fight where the guy who got beat up was the initial aggressor.

I can see why the NFL didn’t do anything until court played out.

Kamara almost had everything dropped, then the NFL essentially suspended a guy for what was deemed legal self defense. Bad look IMO 

In cases like these videos always get more weight.    He may have not been the aggressor but the video makes him & his entourage look like the bad guys.   There’s just no way around that perception.    And given the NFL clearly doesn’t operate like courts it is what it is.  

I imagine without that video this would have gathered 1/10 the scrutiny.   But it’s the world we live in nowadays.  

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

In cases like these videos always get more weight.    He may have not been the aggressor but the video makes him & his entourage look like the bad guys.   There’s just no way around that perception.    And given the NFL clearly doesn’t operate like courts it is what it is.  

I imagine without that video this would have gathered 1/10 the scrutiny.   But it’s the world we live in nowadays.  

I’m pushing back on the idea that the NFL needed to act faster with his suspension, which I don’t think is true specifically for this case. Kamara said the guy threatened him and followed him into an elevator, that’s a case to let play out before you decide punishments IMO 

Im not saying he shouldn’t or won’t be suspended, just that waiting to suspend him wasn’t a bad move.

Edited by Dome

43 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Tell us you drafted Kendre Miller too high in your fantasy draft without telling us you drafted Kendre Miller too high in your fantasy draft.

Also will accept (😠😡😤) Kendre Miller szn

Nope. I took him in a dynasty league that drafts rookies before the nfl draft. BDL stud baby

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dome said:

I’m pushing back on the idea that the NFL needed to act faster with his suspension, which I don’t think is true specifically for this case. Kamara said the guy threatened him and followed him into an elevator, that’s a case to let play out before you decide punishments IMO 

Im not saying he shouldn’t or won’t be suspended, just that waiting to suspend him wasn’t a bad move.

I agree.  The only Q would have been the exempt list and it’s been reserved for the most extreme cases.    And it wouldn’t have penalized Kamara financially so it’s highly debatable what purpose it would serve.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I agree.  The only Q would have been the exempt list and it’s been reserved for the most extreme cases.    And it wouldn’t have penalized Kamara financially so it’s highly debatable what purpose it would serve.  

Yeah for sure. I feel like Commish List used more when there’s a public outcry and they want to mitigate any further damage. There wasn’t any pressure to come up with a quick solution in this case, so no reason to pull all the stops to keep him off the field.