B1G Adding Oregon+Washington and Exploring Cal+Stanford

ramssuperbowl99

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

They've already done that.  When USC and UCLA followed by Washington and Oregon, ESPN was effectively shut out of the Pacific time zone.

It ain't over until the fat lady sings. ESPN should want OrSU and WSU in the Big 12 so they don't have to do it.

7 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Just a prediction, but I bet the Big 10 championship will be played at the Rose Bowl if not Lucas Oil Stadium.

I initially thought this as well but it wouldn't be a neutral site some of the time. Geographically it doesn't make sense for the left coast people but they did kinda come into an established conference that has things in place so maybe that will factor in? Maybe they'll rotate locations and Allegiant could host it from time to time. 

Also, as far as MW expansion I'd prefer they raid the Big Sky. For example Montana and Montana State have wanted to go FBS together for some time and now that the WAC isn't FBS anymore the MW is their only hope.

21 hours ago, CWood21 said:

ACC will inevitably break up you'd have to imagine.  You've got Clemson, Florida State, and Miami as the premier programs.  You'd think that the SEC would a better fit for them than the B1G.  Assuming those 3 went to the SEC, they'd need at least 1 more to join unless they're going to a 24-team conference.

conferences are looking at more than the quality of the FB/BB programs.  it has as much to do with what type of population market they can bring with them

17 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Over here, we have Wisconsin. They THINK they're Ohio State but it's more the Ohio State of the kids table. Do NOT leave your beer unattended around them.

I got called "Midwest Nice" on a work call a week ago and this is still somehow the more accurate roast. Goddamnit.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, squire12 said:

conferences are looking at more than the quality of the FB/BB programs.  it has as much to do with what type of population market they can bring with them

That goes without saying, but you have to follow the money.  There are 3 elite programs (Florida State, Miami, and Clemson) in terms of money.  You've probably got 3 (maybe 4 or 5 at most) in that second tier.  But it's a very top-heavy conference in terms of value.

Tier 1: Clemson, Florida State, Miami
Tier 2: Duke, North Carolina, Virginia (probably)
Tier 3: Boston College, Georgia Tech, Louisville, NC State, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest

If any of those Tier 1 schools start calling, conferences are going to start listening.  And my question is does the SEC feel pressure to add if one of those Tier 1 teams flirt with the B1G conference.  Right now, the SEC is 16 teams when Oklahoma and Texas join.  If they add the 3 Tier 1 schools that puts them at 19.  Feels like Duke and North Carolina are tied together, so if they both go to the SEC that's 21 teams.