Most Underrated Player in the NFL?

HerbertGOAT

Matt Ioannidas always seems to play above average, and he's currently a free agent that will probably end up getting paid peanuts, assuming he's healthy. I'd like the Eagles to sign him if he is healthy.

Josh Allen the DE and Jaelan Phillips feel underrated to me. They are kinda like Brandon Graham. The sack numbers don't jump, but they are always getting pressure, and they also play the run well.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

Kirk Cousins

Terry McLaurin for different reasons. I believe if he had a top 12 QB throwing him the ball then he would be much higher regarded. He is IMO every bit as good as a guy like Stefon Diggs but without the QB. Basically I think McLaurin is a superstar WR hiding in plain sight because of how piss poor WAS QB situation has been

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

Joel Bitonio honestly. 

He does get credit from the league but I don’t think Fans understand how this dude is so good in both the run game and pass blocking. He’s probably the best all around guard in the league and never misses time. 

He’s started since day 1 and never looked back. Solid pro. If we get a superbowl I think he could HOF looks eventually. 

Raiders - Kolton Miller, he's a top LT though, but maybe 5th or so best so no one talks about him.
Chiefs - Trent McDuffie, If Sauce wasn't in the class taking attention and he didn't start the year hurt Trent McDuffie had a hell of a rookie year and little mention.
Chargers - Michael Davis, He's very good and made their JC Jackson mega-whiff able to be forgotten.
Broncos - Javonte Williams, probably top 10 but the injury he's off radars. Not sure people would have him as a top 30 RB at this point.

Cardinals - Josh Jones, ESPN doesn't have him even projected to start but he was good last year. He just might be LT exclusive and DJ Humphries is blocking him.
Seahawks - It's probably still Geno, he was absolutely fantastic last year.
Rams - Michael Hoecht,  this is potentially not true, but Hoecht switched from undersized DT to edge and had a stretch of real quality play. I don't think anyone expected it and I think he probably is their best edge if he maintains and I don't know if anyone knows or cares about him. Otherwise Ernest Jones who is a good run stopper at MLB.
49ers - Aiyuk, he's a WR1 but Deebo gets all the recognition. The small dog house trip he had to begin last year I think also lowers him in general public view.

Steelers - James Daniels I think might qualify he's a solid plus guard on a previously bad line that got some youth injected. I think the Steelers OL takes a massive leap this year and Daniels will be the Steeler vet holding it together. Seumalo is probably better and has the young LT next to him, but the left side is upgraded and new. I think Daniels gets some respect next to his name if the right side holds up.
Ravens - I think Kyle Hamilton is slept on a bit after being a part time/role player his rookie year after being a blue chip prospect. I think Hamilton ascends to stardom this season.
Bengals - Trey Hendrickson, he's a very good edge on a very good defense that is constantly overlooked because it plays opposite such a great offense. I think Trey in particular is just shy of the superstar tier and therefore is never at the forefront of people's minds.
Browns - Amari Cooper, I think he's as good as any WR and never included in the conversation.

Vikings - Christian Darrisaw, he's a top LT in the league and probably roughly 4th so few talk about him. Basically young version of Kolton Miller selection. Slow start for injury and then concussion keep him out of people's mind I guess.
Packers - Christian Watson, he was an oh damn prospect and then started slow and then Rodgers left so I don't think people are expecting much but that stretch last year where he broke out was insane. His potential is through the roof and Love should still have a hell of a cannon to take advantage of his skillset.
Bears - I don't know which it is, but it's someone in the Bears secondary. The team lacked a pass rush and there is a lot of talent in that group, I expect someone to emerge as a really great DB from it with a revamped defense.
Lions - Frank Ragnow, maybe the 3rd best center in the league, but because he isn't Kelce or Humphrey no one cares about centers. He's exceptional though.

Falcons - Mack Hollins, he's new to the team and it's a run first offense, but I think Mack Hollins is going to be a real player this year. He was a surprise captain I think for the Raiders last year and then had a huge body build this offseason joining the Falcons. He's had moments with the Dolphins before that and I think it's all coming together for him as a real WR2 on a team no one thinks of their WR2.
Buccaneers - This team is so bad, but has stars. I think the least overrated star is Winfield Jr or Vita Vea.
Saints - Cameron Jordan, he's old and never talked amongst the top DEs but he's constantly hovering around that next tier. With a weak NFC South I think he may pop and get a late in career best year type year.
Panthers - Derrick Brown, he's one of the best DTs in football but took a minute to get there after being a top prospect.

Texans - Dameon Pierce, holy cow that's a violent RB. He's the Marshawn of the current league and no one cares. Hopefully Texans stay in games so the run game isn't abandoned.
Jaguars - Calvin Ridley or Tyson Campbell, Campbell is quietly one of the better corners in the league, but Ridley is a star WR that's been out of the spot light for a year and got a QB upgrade.
Colts - Like the bears I'm picking a position group and saying DL. Between Buckner and Dayo you have giants and Paye has twitch. Something is happening here and I like it, but I'm not sure who is breaking out and if it's just Buckner having enough support to reascend to top DT tier.
Titans - I don't know who is more underrated but it's not Simmons who is DT3ish, Landry has been a good edge for years but injuries keep him out of conversation, and Autry's been a secret stud since Oakland. It might be Tannehill whose been replaced by Malik Willis and then Will Levis, but with Hopkins there Tannehill might return to an efficient top 15ish QB.

Eagles - Reed Blankenship, the Eagles after a SB run are all known but Reed was a UDFA that won a starting position and played well late. Nakobe after a year of ST now being the center of the D might be far enough out of the spotlight to also contend.
Cowboys - I'm rolling with Brandin Cooks. Always so good and always irrelevant it seems, but with Dak I think he'll put up bulk stats and the loud Dallas fans will argue they have the best(or close) WR group.
Commanders - It's one of their safeties in Kameron Curl or Darrick Forrest, probably Curl.
Giants - Kayvon Thibodeuax, you can't stack that good of a DL in front of him entering year 2 and not expect a top 10 edge breakout and I don't think anyone would put him as a top 10 edge right now.

Patriots - It's Jones. Hedging by picking Mac/Jack/Marcus/Jonathan. Mac probably isn't bottom 3ish QB with a real OC and the corner Jones' are all pretty talented. I think the Patriots secretly suck, but their coach and that defense won't let them bottom out.
Jets - Corey Davis. I think he holds onto a starting gig and thrives if healthy. I think most expected him not to still be here, so it's starting from no expectation, but I think he'll thrive.
Miami - Tua, there are too many doubters. He's top 10 QB and hyper efficient. His release and accuracy with a team of YAC generators is such a good fit. If not Tua, then Phillips who also has concussion issues in his past, but stacks up so many pressures it's crazy.
Bills - Dion Dawkins, I feel like he is significantly better than the rest of their line and no one cares.

• Like 2