Preseason Game 1 - Green Bay @ Cincinnati

Leader

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Anyone think Preston Smith looked a little doughy in the midsection?  Noticed it on the first defensive snap in which he actually had a QB pressure.  It didn't affect him much, but it sure looked like he wasn't in tip top shape. 

Dudes looked doughy since forever. 

12 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Anyone think Preston Smith looked a little doughy in the midsection?  Noticed it on the first defensive snap in which he actually had a QB pressure.  It didn't affect him much, but it sure looked like he wasn't in tip top shape. 

He's looked like that the past few years.

gettyimages-1445271206-e1687274504850.jp

EebxcpkWsAINGX6.jpg

Quick thoughts:

Plus +++:

Love: gets a big ding for missing the crosser to Musgrave but otherwise made good reads, played calm and delivered. Good start.

Young WRs: Great night for this room. Plays from Toure, Reed and Wicks to solidify that 3-5 group and more noise from Heath who is probably no. 6 if they go with 6. 

CB room: Once Stokes comes back, this room is 5-deep with Nixon and Valentine. 

Wilson: has entered to chat for the No. 3 spot, especially with Goodson's injury. Guy has vision you can't teach. 

Clifford: gotta admit, I like the guy. Like his moxy and he's a gamer. Made some rookie throws but the moment isn't too big for him. 

Flashes from young guys: thought a lot of young players had good nights including the guys above, Cox, Brooks, Wyatt, Pearson, Phillips. 

Minus ---:

Injuries: Too many and already one serious one. Davis isn't a season changing loss but hate losing anyone. Goodson may have a bad shoulder injury too and Caleb Jones is concerning as well. 

Carlson: Sorry, but an NFL kicker should maybe miss an XP once every few years. He's missed about 5 in practice/games. Nevermind FGs, he's not even reliable right now for the gimmes. Not sure how a team who cares about winning could be comfortable with that. I'd give him one more week to tighten up or make a move and PS him. 

Backup OL: we are a solid 6-deep but our 7-9 guys (Rhyan, Newman and Walker) all played pretty poorly at times. Newman was lousy and committed a couple more penalties and Rhyan basically caused the pick 6. At this point, maybe we need a healthy Jake Hanson because our backup OC/OG position is weak. 

Edited by packfanfb

49 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Carlson: Sorry, but an NFL kicker should maybe miss an XP once every few years. He's missed about 5 in practice/games. Nevermind FGs, he's not even reliable right now for the gimmes. Not sure how a team who cares about winning could be comfortable with that. I'd give him one more week to tighten up or make a move and PS him. 

Every time it hooked right the ball was at an angle towards the holder. on his straight down the middle shots its straight up and down. 1st miss was a bit of a high snap but I thought O'Donnell got it down well. Might need to trust the process more. Then his last miss was an awful snap. 

None of us know **** about kickers. Most of you are exactly how you end up being in the Bears/Vikings situation.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

2 nice moves by Karl Brooks lined up as 3T.

He's got a nice swim move both ways, but he better learn to anchor and come up with a few more things in his toolbox. It was a good start last night for a lot of young guys. Liked what I saw from Wooden as well.

Cox, he's got some serious pass rush skills.

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

A bit hyperbolic, with every incompletion "that's a touchdown". 40 yard screen? ambitious.

Love changes the arm angle and fires it quick. DE got a hand on it. Happens to the best of them.

That is pretty much what TV analysts do, hyperbole. The breakdown and how Love was able to use his eyes was what impressed me. He was absolutely right about him taking something off of the crosser to Musgrave. I thought so in real time, but seeing the end zone view, maybe Love didn't know he has moved the LB.

The screen pass was a big gainer if completed, but TV, probably not. 

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

That is pretty much what TV analysts do, hyperbole. The breakdown and how Love was able to use his eyes was what impressed me. He was absolutely right about him taking something off of the crosser to Musgrave. I thought so in real time, but seeing the end zone view, maybe Love didn't know he has moved the LB.

The screen pass was a big gainer if completed, but TV, probably not. 

For sure I was excited for the screen before the ball came out, but the D guy got lucky with his flailing arms. happens. So if he can just come up with 1 real play where Love missed a guy, but did all the stuff pre throw correct? Shoot, I'll take that for a preseason opener.