Preseason Game 1 - Green Bay @ Cincinnati

Leader

2 minutes ago, StatKing said:

When you watch Clifford on the all 22 you can't help but be impressed. Very good stuff for a 5th round rookie QB.

I am impressed, for a 5'th round rookie QB.

But he stared down receivers, badly.  He threw to a couple really tight spots.  And had the 2 turnovers.

He did flash, both good and bad.

The reason you like him so much is because in prior years, Love's pre-season stuff was with our second or third string against their first or second string, so he looked bad.

And our other QB's who played were UDFA's or really, camp arms.

Clifford looked like a mid round rookie QB to me.  Check that, he read the game like a mid round rookie QB.  He let it rip like a UDFA playing with nothing to lose.  And some of those throws looked really, really good.

There is a lot to like about him after that performance, and much work to be done.  Certainly worth the pick, regardless of what I or anyone else thought at the time.  Though I'm still going to compare him to garbage whenever I can.

36 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

But he stared down receivers, badly.  He threw to a couple really tight spots.  And had the 2 turnovers.

The reason you like him so much is because in prior years, Love's pre-season stuff was with our second or third string against their first or second string, so he looked bad.

Clifford looked like a mid round rookie QB to me.  Check that, he read the game like a mid round rookie QB.  He let it rip like a UDFA playing with nothing to lose.  And some of those throws looked really, really good.

There is a lot to like about him after that performance, and much work to be done.  Certainly worth the pick, regardless of what I or anyone else thought at the time.  Though I'm still going to compare him to garbage whenever I can.

He's got a lot of work to do, but I loved the moxie and gunslinger he showed.  He's a really good athlete too, so that was exciting to see in a game situation.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Love and Clifford both did a lot of good things. Love didn't have any pressure on him so I would like to see him in those type of situations more but beyond that he moved the ball efficiently. Clifford made some absolutely spectacular throws, that pass off his back foot to Reed on the crosser and the deep throw he had rolling to his left were flat out amazing throws.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Love and Clifford both did a lot of good things. Love didn't have any pressure on him so I would like to see him in those type of situations more but beyond that he moved the ball efficiently. Clifford made some absolutely spectacular throws, that pass off his back foot to Reed on the crosser and the deep throw he had rolling to his left were flat out amazing throws.

Love.

It's hard to get a good read on him, after that game, though, right?  You hit the nail on the head.  No pressure on him at all.

What was there looked very good.  Quick feet, great mechanics, solid throws.  Just two misfires.  One because his eyes didn't hold the safety and the other was the flat out miss to Musgrave that we know he wants back.  

For what he was asked to do, he was great.  But I think we all know we need to see it against pressure packages, but Love certainly passed this first test.

Clifford passed as well.  Kind of.  Two INT's versus One TD.  But...the kid did flash.

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I think you are short selling Davis' improvement and role in the offense this season.  Even in the very short time he was on the field, it was clear that he was the number two TE and also going to be counted on as the best blocker from the position.  He is (was) better than the current version of Tucker Kraft, who will need a while to grow into the NFL.  They are likely going to have to add two guys to play both his role on offense and role on STs.

Maybe they just keep an extra T and teach him Davis' blocking assignments, and then get another ST standout from some where? We have plenty enough good Ts.

9 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Where are you getting the All-22?

NFL+ doesn't have it available.

My buddy edits content for one of the larger football analysis content creators on YouTube. He just gives me access to the Google drive with some of his cut ups. I'll ask to make sure but I'm fairly certain he just uses a VPN to access the international version.

15 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Interesting

**** this **** I'm going to pay even more for this nonsense. 

Up until last year in Spain it was easy to get a 1-year unofficial subscription for 25 bucks. You could see any game live, condensed games where available 10 hours after the game ended and All-22 by Wednesday. Now, DAZN has bought the international game pass and we are kind of waiting to see if we get a similar deal from our sellers.

17 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

Up until last year in Spain it was easy to get a 1-year unofficial subscription for 25 bucks. You could see any game live, condensed games where available 10 hours after the game ended and All-22 by Wednesday. Now, DAZN has bought the international game pass and we are kind of waiting to see if we get a similar deal from our sellers.

If you don't mind me asking, what part of Spain are you in? Been thinking about doing a year or 2 working remote in Valencia.