Preseason game #1 49ers vs Raiders-Gameday thread

49erurtaza

2 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Unless he's the second coming Tucker, that pick will never justify itself. 

You don't have to tell me. I've lambasted that selection from jump. Even if he turns into tucker it almost feels like getting lucky. I don't believe NFL people know how to scout kickers.... Assuming there even is a way to scout kickers

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

Since most of the starters didn't play, not too worried. Remember we lost 17-0 to the Texans last August

I'm most worried about Lance, Oliver & Moody. But good thing is we have other options (Purdy/Darnold, Womack/Jamison, Gonzalez) 

I would not worry about Moody all that much and Gonzalez is most definitely not an option after taking Moody in the 3rd round. 

• Like 1

The wolves are howling. Trey's first "I gotta do better" presser, and the fans are ready to rake him over the coals following the opening preseason game. Thought it would take a bit more time before the tribe using civilized post-game commentary as an outlet for blood. 

https://old.reddit.com/r/49ers/comments/15qhrff/49ers_trey_lance_says_hes_got_to_be_better_after/

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

Lance & Moody played poorly, but i think they still make the 53. Lance is probably 3rd string though

Oliver & Latu also played poorly and i think their spots on the 53 are in jeopardy. Maybe Latu gets put on IR with a minor injury as @Forge has suggested. DFF might lose his spot to 1 or both of Graham/McRary-Ball 

Ambry Thomas really showed out yesterday and seems to be playing his way back onto the 53

I think we're going to scour the waiver wire for backup DL/OL after final cuts are made. Our starters are fine but the depth is lacking in both spots. Jaylon Moore is the only backup OL i feel comfortable playing 

I was surprised that Danny Gray didn't suit up yesterday. Likely means his roster spot is a lock. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Lance & Moody played poorly, but i think they still make the 53. Lance is probably 3rd string though

Oliver & Latu also played poorly and i think their spots on the 53 are in jeopardy. Maybe Latu gets put on IR with a minor injury as @Forge has suggested. DFF might lose his spot to 1 or both of Graham/McRary-Ball 

Ambry Thomas really showed out yesterday and seems to be playing his way back onto the 53

I think we're going to scour the waiver wire for backup DL/OL after final cuts are made. Our starters are fine but the depth is lacking in both spots. Jaylon Moore is the only backup OL i feel comfortable playing 

I was surprised that Danny Gray didn't suit up yesterday. Likely means his roster spot is a lock. 

I don't feel good about Jaylon Moore either. I remember when he came into a game last year, and it was ugggggly.