Preseason Week #2 GDT: Raiders @ Rams (SAT 08/19 7:00 PM MDT)

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

I don't want to either. But if he is good, that's probably where we would be anyway. He still a rookie and would need t0 progress during the season. Also sitting Jimmy before the 1st game sends wrong nessage to locker room. It's basically saying forget this season we playing for the future. 

IK but this is a forum and I'm sharing my opinion 😂. I'm not expecting you guys ot agree

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Carrying Hoyer on the main roster would be dumb at this point. Release him and put him on the PS. 

This - AOC is clearly better but I suspect we will carry 3 QB’s on the active roster and dress 2 for games. At this point there is no way you can risk putting AOC on the practice squad. 

17 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Exactly. 

What debate? Jimmy > Carr? Could Carr win with SF's roster? Can Jimmy win without top 5 D? 

If AOC is better than Jimmy, doesn't that answer more than enough?

Yall funny acting like people ain't going to be comparing how these guys play for their perspective team.

9 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Tre Tucker could be a problem if he sniffs consistency. 

His pro day 40 was mid 4.3s and he is very quick in addition to being fast. If he gets the hands down, he looks like he can play inside and outside.

Smaller receivers can play outside if they can beat press and threaten with speed. Clearly he can already threaten with speed. The whole "slot only" for short receivers only applies if they aren't fast IMHO

• Like 2

11 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Yall funny acting like people ain't going to be comparing how these guys play for their perspective team.

I don't care how Carr plays for another team, the same way I didn't care how Mack played for the Colts or Cooper played for the Cowboys. 

Players, to me, are typically little more than cogs in a wheel. There are a handful of true greats that singlehandedly change other teams and that's about it. Most of the time, guys can have better or worse years depending on their total surroundings- something the Raiders don't control. 

Better cast, better coaching, better schematic fits, these all play a bigger role. If Carr balls out in NO, cool. But the likelihood he would have in Vegas is still >10% in my opinion. He isn't turning into vintage Peyton Manning overnight, so all it would tell me is the Raiders should have done what most of us have been saying for ages- better coaching, better supporting cast on both sides of the ball, and we might've had something. If he flops, so what. Not like Dennis Allen is a maestro or the Saints have a juggernaut roster, and we simply dodged a bullet. 

If Jimmy plays great, excellent. But the team Jimmy inherited isn't the same team Carr played for last year. New WRs, and much deeper at the position, a TE not malcontent and perpetually injured, and the D has had enough changes to warrant being called a whole new unit. Not enough roster consistency for a 1:1 comparison. 

If Jimmy totally flops here, it doesn't tell me much about Jimmy. It tells me more about the coaching and rest of the roster, which Carr wouldn't have had much more luck with either because he's not in the Manning tier of franchise changers. 

The ability to honestly make a 1:1 comparison would require one or both of them to have extremes in terms of their individual season stats, which isn't particularly likely. 

Carr playing great in New Orleans doesn't mean he would've played great in Vegas or SF. Jimmy playing great in Las Vegas doesn't mean he would've played great in New Orleans or San Francisco.

Kurt Warner looked totally washed in New York, but Eli quickly turned them around and they made a couple of Superbowls, so the team as a whole wasn't all that dysfunctional. Kurt proved in Arizona he had plenty left in the tank. Would Kurt have done as well staying in New York? Would New York have dine as well in the late 2000's? Would Eli have sank or swam in Arizona? Nobody knows. But I think most would say Kurt > Eli, no? Different players, different teams, different circumstances. 

• Like 2

I went to the game yesterday at SoFi 

Few Observations:

- Crowd was 65 percent Raiders vs 35 Rams. We took over the stadium 

- Deandre Carter and Tre Tucker are FAST. 

- Aiden O’Connell throws a pretty ball. Even watching him throw the ball on the side between TV timeouts, all tight spirals

- Entire team was with the game from start to finish

- Palo Mao read Bennett eyes on the INT to put himself into position. Great work

- Drake Thomas was all over the field

- Aiden OC favorite QB growing up had to be Tom Brady. Literally  throws like him, same footwork, evades the pass like him…everything. Not saying he’s On the level but it is even his mannerisms are like TB12

Edited by bucksavage1

Some takeaways I had from the game:

• O-line: Elu didn't have a good game at LT, N.Muti lost hard to an inside spin early, otherwise was happy.
  • Passing: Appeared to be little WR separation in the first half, made it hard to judge B.Hoyer. Hopefully someone reviews this further and can offer some insight as to whether it was a player or playcall issue. AOC was a little less consistent but still showed promise. I can see what people meant by Jimmy having a weak arm (I only watch the Raiders)
  • Rushing: I don't see what Z.White brings to the table outside of being fast. Currently praying for Jacobs and would like to see more of the what Bolden and Abdullah can offer.
  • D-line: Koonce flashes as usual but doesn't quite get there, noticed some balance issues and a liability in the run game. Outside of J.Willis, wasn't impressed by the DE play. Inside Tillery didn't look very good to say he's meant to be pencilled in as a starter. Butler looked to offer the best inside rush. Has there been any updates on B.Nichols, didn't see him out there? *Also stunts seemed awkward and resulted in players running into eachother   
  • Like 1