How are those rookies looking?

RaidersAreOne

For the Bears now that we are nearly done with the season:

1.10 Darnell Wright:  Looks great.  Fantastic push in the run game and has held his own very well as a pass blocker.  

2.53 Gervon Dexter: Started slow but has really progressed towards the end of the season, especially since adding Montez Sweat.  Great job as a pass rusher

2.56 Tyrique Stevenson:  Has been absolutely fantastic,  very physical and has done a great job taking the ball away as of late.

3.64 Zacch Pickens:  Has had some flashes, but definitely has not been the same impact of Dexter.

4.115 Roschon Johnson:  Will be an NFL starter some day, good complement to Khalil Herbert

4.133 Tyler Scott:  Has not played well.  Drops a lot of good passes.

5.148 Noah Sewell:  TBD, not much playtime

5.165 Terrell Smith:  Has played pretty well stepping in for injured folks ahead of him on the depth chart, wouldn't be surprised to see more play time from him in the future.  

Very positive vibes from this class currently.  

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Bills have been looking for an interior OL like him since… probably Incognito in 2017. Maybe even before then. 

I wanted him at 18. Other Lions fans weren’t on board. 

My dream was Jalen Carter or Devon Witherspoon at 6 and Torrence or Brian Branch at 18. I had second round grades on Gibbs and Campbell. 

I'm happy with who we have though. 

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Has to be? Even if he is the best, he’s nowhere near anyone’s radar for that vote. I’ll give you a million dollars if he wins DROY. 

Yeah, this, seems accurate looking at the odds:

https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/nfl/defensive-rookie-year-odds/

Whether it's due to the team record or the the narrative, Jalen Carter seems to be the heavy favorite. 

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Has to be? Even if he is the best, he’s nowhere near anyone’s radar for that vote. I’ll give you a million dollars if he wins DROY. 

Yea it'll be a narrative thing which is unfortunate. He's also a DT and has better production than Carter...I should have said "should easily be" with his numbers

Dawand Jones MUST lose weight or he’s going to have injuries his entire career. It’s a shame because he was dominant at RT for us.

Thankfully we have another rookie in Ronnie Hickman who has really balled out filling in for Grant Delpit.