How are those rookies looking?

RaidersAreOne

21 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I like my Will Anderson DRotY pick +430 earlier this year. Carter is the favorite for some reason but he hasn't even been the best rookie DT. And it doesn't seem like they are going to give it to Turner so Will has a shot. 

• Like 1

I think a year end, most of the Cowboys draft class has done little to make a mark.  Mazi was meant to solidify our run D and provide that 2-gap monster but he’s clearly failed to this point and is a rotational guy which is not a win for a first rounder

1 minute ago, MaddHatter said:

I think a year end, most of the Cowboys draft class has done little to make a mark.  Mazi was meant to solidify our run D and provide that 2-gap monster but he’s clearly failed to this point and is a rotational guy which is not a win for a first rounder

Rumors are the staff asked him to drop 30 lbs...

Which, if true - they drafted a NT and then asked him to lose the bulk. 

• Like 1

Titans class is pretty boring or undetermined.

Pete Skoronski: Our best OL, maybe? But we have the NFL's worst OL, so that's not saying much.  For all the hype, he came in as an average level guard, which is a bad return on investment for the 11th pick.

Will Levis: Might be a franchise QB.  With the worst OL, and one of the worst receiving corps in the NFL, hard to judge him accurately yet.  There's excitement there though.

Tyjae Spears:  Has been fantastic.  Great player, would be statistically more impressive if he wasn't sharing touches with Derrick Henry.

Josh Whyle: Had some moments.  About what you expect from a fifth round rookie TE.

Jaelyn Duncan: For a sixth round rookie tackle, he had a good season, even seeing time as a starter.  But that first clause is a big, big, big qualifier.

Colton Dowell: He made the roster.  Seventh rounder, whatcha gonna do?

• Like 1

All the talk of “never draft a player at [insert position] at [insert pick/round]” usually gets way overblown, IMO, but really am coming around to never drafting a guard in the top 10. Maybe even top 20. 

Like, people say that about running backs, LBers, and safeties. But having a legitimate elite running back does a ton for your offense. Having an elite captain of your defense that can play the run and be a force in the short passing game, like Fred Warner, is huge. An elite safety can really make things hard on the other team trying to account for them all over, like Hamilton. Even accounting for Quenton Nelson or Zack Martin, I can’t remember an elite guard walking in and transforming a team on their own. I’d pay those guys, but I wouldn’t use my lottery ticket on one (unless I’m in a really, really bad spot and can’t find a trade partner). 

I hate doing this because I know you can say this about any team with a bunch of players, but Tennessee really could’ve had a couple WRs (Flowers, JSN) or a few corners (Gonzo, Banks, Porter) right there and walked away fulfilling a huge need at a valuable position. I thought they’d use Skoronski at tackle, but taking a guard at 11 just seems like a wasted ticket.

• Like 2

JuJu Brents has been getting better since coming back from a Quad injury. Josh Downs has cooled down these past weeks. Will Malory will get more touches now that Drew Ogletree on commissioner's exempt list. 

I know it’s AOC throwing to him but it’s still good experience and confidence builder  for the rookie.

23 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

JuJu Brents has been getting better since coming back from a Quad injury. Josh Downs has cooled down these past weeks. Will Malory will get more touches now that Drew Ogletree on commissioner's exempt list. 

I know it’s AOC throwing to him but it’s still good experience and confidence builder  for the rookie.

Downs should be used more. That 50 plus snag he made on Sunday was legit 

19 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Downs should be used more. That 50 plus snag he made on Sunday was legit 

I mainly blame this on the limitations of Minshew he mainly focuses on Pittman and the TEs. Pierce has also been ignored a lot by Minshew throughout the season. Another reason I can’t wait to see Richardson come back as both players will get more opportunities and better stats next season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

btw the aaron donald excuse doesn't work with kobie turner....

Real talk if Jalen Carter would be doing all of this he’ll be touted as the second coming. All I read in that eagles rams post game thread was how Carter was the best defensive player that day. Ahhhh hell nah.. 

sddefault.jpg

The conductor conducting. Still though, there’s games where he goes mia. He has more work to do. Feels like he’s more of a run stopper at times.  He’s way more disciplined because he doesn’t push up like Donald lol. He’s like a hybrid of Gaines and Brockers.. If he were to lose 20-30 lbs that dude would be flying. Still not everyone can be as explosive as Jalen. There is a talent gap between Jalen and Kobie. But it’s nice to see him playing well.. Wish we had Jalen though on this Dline my lawd that man would be feasting and learning from the best. 

11 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

a nobody from Wake Forest **

Only know that cause I had him in 90% of my mock drafts last year lol. 😄

A Ravens fan would have an unheralded, unknown, secret potential super star in 90% of their mock drafts

• Like 1