Commanders name Sam Howell starting QB

RaidersAreOne

14 hours ago, dll2000 said:

What are odds Rivera is coaching this team next year?

What would it take for him to be back?

Washington fans what do you think? 

Rivera is probably a dead man walking with the ownership change, but I'm not sure I'd want to be there if I were him anyway. Really, this year is a chance for him to earn a gig with another team next year I think

13 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Rivera is probably a dead man walking with the ownership change, but I'm not sure I'd want to be there if I were him anyway. Really, this year is a chance for him to earn a gig with another team next year I think

If he's fired, I'll be pretty surprised if he gets another head coaching gig.

16 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I wish the kid the best with this opportunity, but frankly, I don't see it working out for him. Seems like the team is in a pretty bad state

In a pretty bad state? We won 8 games last year with Heinicke and god awful Carson Wentz. This is probably one of the best rosters we’ve had in years. We might not be good but this is probably the best state this franchise has been in in years. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

In a pretty bad state? We won 8 games last year with Heinicke and god awful Carson Wentz. This is probably one of the best rosters we’ve had in years. We might not be good but this is probably the best state this franchise has been in in years. 

Not to mention the players dont have the Snyder cloud hanging over this season. The fans are back out, its a different atmosphere for sure.

35 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I'd probably like your chances a lot more in a different division, but on paper & with that schedule I just don't see them having a winning record.

Also tbf they were only 2-5 with Wentz, but point taken - Heinicke isn't really a world-beater either, but it remains to be seen if Howell is an upgrade or not.

3 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I'd probably like your chances a lot more in a different division, but on paper & with that schedule I just don't see them having a winning record.

Also tbf they were only 2-5 with Wentz, but point taken - Heinicke isn't really a world-beater either, but it remains to be seen if Howell is an upgrade or not.

I mean, I'm not saying you're wrong or trying to take offense or anything but we split with Philly and Dallas last year and tied the Giants. We didn't exactly get steamrolled. I included Wentz because he started games. He started them very poorly but he started them lol.