2023-24 Around the NFL Thread

TheRealMcCoy

4 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Next year we can save over 30 mill in cap by getting rid of Reddick, Maddox, Barnett, and Mariota (Post June 1).

Mac Jones messing up our 2nd round pick. How are we the only team he's looked good against?

Barnett and Mariota I'm absolutely on board with cutting. The others... ehhh. I'd rather trade Reddick if anything. Maddox... why? 

47 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Can't count on him to be out there more than 10 games a season

I mean until this year 10 games was the least amount of games he had in a season. In 2021 he played 16 games. I definitely agree he's bound to get injured and miss some time pretty much almost every year, but the bicep injury this year was just a random injury that can happen to any player.

Maddox is a nice slot corner when healthy though. We don't save a lot cutting him and obviously the post June 1st cuts you mentioned can't help us with free agency cause we don't get the money freed up till later in the summer.

And, if we cut him normally we only get 2.3 million to put towards our free agent spending and I'm not sure the team will view that as enough to cut him, but who knows. 

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I mean until this year 10 games was the least amount of games he had in a season. In 2021 he played 16 games. I definitely agree he's bound to get injured and miss some time pretty much almost every year, but the bicep injury this year was just a random injury that can happen to any player.

Maddox is a nice slot corner when healthy though. We don't save a lot cutting him and obviously the post June 1st cuts you mentioned can't help us with free agency cause we don't get the money freed up till later in the summer.

And, if we cut him normally we only get 2.3 million to put towards our free agent spending and I'm not sure the team will view that as enough to cut him, but who knows. 

Another time he missed games was when that one dumb safety we got from the Vikings, forgot his name, was trying to take someone elses head off instead of making a good tackle and collided with Maddox.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Danger said:

Another time he missed games was when that one dumb safety we got from the Vikings, forgot his name, was trying to take someone elses head off instead of making a good tackle and collided with Maddox.

Andrew Sendejo…. Smh

More like Andrew Pendejo

amirite?

• Like 1