2023-24 Around the NFL Thread

TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Murray was going into his 5th NFL season and a Horrific fit for Chip Kelly's offense. Hell Murray ran for 1300yds the following season in Tennessee!

Not remotely what JT would ba as a Eagle in his 4th NFL season under Sirianni in this offense,  surrounded by these weapons. Just saying. 

Not the proper comparison. 

4th season vs 5th season isn't a huge disparity. You can say he was a horrific fit, but I don't think that detracts from the notion of paying a RB a big contract these days is not a winning strategy 

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

4th season vs 5th season isn't a huge disparity. You can say he was a horrific fit, but I don't think that detracts from the notion of paying a RB a big contract these days is not a winning strategy 

Murray has a monster year at age 26. Gets a big contract at 27 (8M annually) For comparison sake, only like 7 or 8 RBs are making more than that THIS year. Almost 10 years ago! And he’s out of the league by 29. 

DONT SIGN RBs TO 2ND CONTRACTS! lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Murray has a monster year at age 26. Gets a big contract at 27 (8M annually) For comparison sake, only like 7 or 8 RBs are making more than that THIS year. Almost 10 years ago! And he’s out of the league by 29. 

DONT SIGN RBs TO 2ND CONTRACTS! lol 

When was the last time a big money extended RB was still good on a good team? I'm drawing a blank.

Zeke was quickly overshadowed by Pollard

55 minutes ago, Danger said:

When was the last time a big money extended RB was still good on a good team? I'm drawing a blank.

Zeke was quickly overshadowed by Pollard

I think Henry has worked out mostly if I’m being fair. He was hurt the previous year before last but he bounced back pretty well.  I think you can see the wheels coming soon tho. This would be a telltale year I think. No one else really comes to mind though. 

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Murray was going into his 5th NFL season and a Horrific fit for Chip Kelly's offense. Hell Murray ran for 1300yds the following season in Tennessee!

Not remotely what JT would ba as a Eagle in his 4th NFL season under Sirianni in this offense,  surrounded by these weapons. Just saying. 

JT wouldn't be a great fit in the Eagles current offense. We don't need a bell cow RB who wants to touch the ball 20+ times a game and be a big part of the offense.

I think our current RB room is completely fine. Trading and paying for JT would be a disaster move that Howie won't make.

2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

JT wouldn't be a great fit in the Eagles current offense. We don't need a bell cow RB who wants to touch the ball 20+ times a game and be a big part of the offense.

I think our current RB room is completely fine. Trading and paying for JT would be a disaster move that Howie won't make.

I agree with all of this, but I would be lying if I'd say I wouldn't get super excited if it happened.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I agree with all of this, but I would be lying if I'd say I wouldn't get super excited if it happened.

I don’t think it would be a smart move financially. But it’s not like Howie didn’t entertain paying CMC. I can see him moving on it if he gets his price in a trade. And I doubt Taylor will care any bit if he’s not a bell cow. He gets his money, he saves his knees and is on a perennial playoff team. Why would he complain? Taylor and Swift are as good a one-two punch as you’ll see. Offense would be a nightmare every week for any defense. It would put us over the top offensively for sure. Howie’s got out of worse jams than overpaying for a RB for 2-3 years even if it ends up being a disaster. 

10 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Yep. Even when it happened I thought Murray was a horrible fit for chips offense. One of the worst free agent moves the eagles have done

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Feel free to hammer this. Have no idea who either of the sources are. 

I’ll be happy if it’s less than a 1st. I don’t think a 1st is worth it, the eagles RB room is fine as is.. But holy **** this team would be insane with Taylor and swift

9 hours ago, Danger said:

You missed or ignored the part where Murray ran for 1300 yds and 9TD the very next season as a Pro Bowler. Year 6 as a Titan!

Fit matters! Horrible reason for "Not" getting JT! You want to argue the positional value BS by all means, just don't use DeMarco as the excuse. 

Not saying we should given the current roster but the DeMarco Murray fiasco plays absolutely no  factored with me. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

Either way Murray was done the year after. That would have been his 3rd year out of the 5 year contract he signed with us. So $40M for 1 good year. Not a good return on your money. It’s best to just abuse your rookie deal RB and then let someone else pay him his 2nd deal. 

I'd like to see the Eagles bring in DeAndre Carter if he gets cut.

It's more like to see Keelan Cole cut, however.

I wouldn't mind taking a flyer (is it flyer or flier) on N'Keal harry.

I know that he's under-performed as a receiver, particularly against expectations.

But, he returned punts in college.

That's a hole filled.

• Like 1